Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf?!

Re: Wtf?!

I caught a bat in the wing fly fishing, try getting that little kritter off,his got some nasty teeth !

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post

That is a greenling...more common than lings these days, not as big though, but still good eating, the flesh is turquoise but turns white when you cook it, I have eaten lots of them. The most we ever caught was off Texada while bow hunting this time of year.
    Celebrate 101 years with the 375 H&H and drop something Big.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin375 View Post
    That is a greenling...more common than lings these days, not as big though, but still good eating, the flesh is turquoise but turns white when you cook it, I have eaten lots of them. The most we ever caught was off Texada while bow hunting this time of year.
    Are you sure ! Ive caught greenlings before & they looked nothing like this guy. Hey I could be mistaken !

2 for 1

Ice fishing one time in northern Ontario about 20 yrs ago. We get out to our hut and proceed to have a tough morning fishing until we finally hook into not 1 but 3 fully filleted walleye carcasses . Unfortunately I was probably too drunk at the time to take pictures. Me and my buddy still laugh about it.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

I caught a trout one time that had a 4 foot long length of fishing line that went in it's mouth, out it's rear end, back into it's mouth a second time, and out it's rear a second time to make a complete loop. Not sure what bait had been on the line earlier but he liked enough to eat it twice.
    Dawn = Game time !

Not overly unusual but definitely wierd....

Now, the strangest thing that I have boated,,, would hafta be a Humpback Whale.
    That's right (you heard correctly), IN THE BOAT!

Thought we all were goin to die that day....

Wierdest Hooked?
    Hands down it would hafta be Dolphin - Double header.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

[QUOTE=longstonec;1270023]Horse Hair Worm. YUCK! took me 10 years and a few biologists to tell me what it was. Was drift fishing for Coho up north and when I brought my gear into the beach there was a 10-12" brownish very thin thing on it that at the time I thought was a short piece of brown sink tip fly line! I picked it off the hook and was holding it a couple inches from my face and it suddenly started to curl around my fingers and wriggle. so I did what any other person would do... freak right out!

i snagged a load of gear up on sherridan lake that had a couple of those suckers withing throughout it , are they an introduced species ? do they belong in freshwater ? kinda wish i hadnt tossed it back into the pool now that i hear it is a saltwater thing. same thing happenned to me , it was perfectly limp when i pulled it up , kinda thaught it was vegetation of some sort , then i started noticing it trying to wrap around my fingers , i couldnt get it out of the boatr fast enough

When i was a kid i went out fly fishing with my father at knouff lake, it was about dusk when my dad was just finishing up. His last cast, as soon as he finished his follow through we heard a splash right where he was casting. He had a big tug on his line and reeled in. Turns out a bat thought his fly was food and took a nice bite out of it.
    Theres no point in having a plan B, it will only distract from plan A

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath than you'll be successful

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean View Post
    Not overly unusual but definitely wierd....

Now, the strangest thing that I have boated,,, would hafta be a Humpback Whale.
    That's right (you heard correctly), IN THE BOAT!

Thought we all were goin to die that day....

Wierdest Hooked?
    Hands down it would hafta be Dolphin - Double header.
    I really wanna hear your story on the whale Mr dean