Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf?!

Re: Wtf?!

A lamprey eel on the Skeena while fishing sockeye...ewww

Spring salmon head (Frazer River) and two casts later, a stone.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Just like in a kids cartoon i actually pulled up a rubber boot in the detroit river when i was a kid. Snagged it on the top and pulling against the current it really seemed to tug back and forth like a huge carp would, so lots of onlookers waiting to see what was coming up. Everyone there had a good laugh, was embarrasing cause i was so excited.

2 sea cucumbers, a 10 lb rock, a cormorant, seagull and last year I hooked a hali, except I hooked the long line snap that had the hook attached with the hali hooked.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

3 oz Bouncing Betty with line, hook, and a 25 lb spring salmon attached............and a lawn chair (not at the same time).
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;

Watched a buddy hook his new rod (which a fish had pulled into the Columbia River half an hour earlier) and pull it in and the 7+ lb rainbow was still on.

When I was a kid my dad and I were deep sea trolling in the Caribbean and saw a brown booby curl it's wings up and dive straight in deep for our rapala. I Dragged that dumb sea chicken in hand over hand flapping and squawking and dad wrestled it's wings in and got a towel wrapped around it for the hook extraction... We set it free but not before it got dad's thumb with its beak; sliced the pad tip to joint almost like a razor. Pretty memorable, bird screeching dad swearing blood all over and didn't catch anything else that day.
    Also once I caught a puffer fish down there on a handling. That's fun to unhook and release!

A wolf eel,and a octopus in Bamfield, both a big surprize

A fly line once on the Squamish, still had a chum on and you could see where the backing line came undone, always check your knots
    Hunting is just a nice quiet walk in the woods with a loaded gun, then some a$$hole pulls the trigger. Then the work begins

Quote Originally Posted by seatoskymiles View Post
    A fly line once on the Squamish, still had a chum on and you could see where the backing line came undone, always check your knots
    agree.
    i got snagged in nicola this summer.
    wheeled the boat around to go back to it, but before i was totally able, the line went slack.
    knot failed where the backing was tied to the sinking line.
    and this same knot landed absolutely countless fish, and some real lunkers on shuswap just the weekend before.