Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alberta Non-Typical Velvet WT Pedestal Pics

Re: Alberta Non-Typical Velvet WT Pedestal Pics

Looks very good as does your website. My favorite photo in the album has to be Kim's Muley, nice contrast with the snow and blue sky and she was framed perfectly between the antlers with no hands on animal, very good picture. Is there a story on here about that buck? Again nice job on your mounts.
    Son of a Birch,, Life time BC resident hunter.

Hey rackmaster, did you ever know a man by the name of Reg Parsons from Cranbrook. He is or was (not sure if he still does taxidermy) another great artist from that area that has done some beautiful work for my dad who lives in Golden. I don't live in Golden anymore but still do lots of hunting up and down that valley for everything.

super nice job, especially with the short hair. Great details!

Quote Originally Posted by sobirch View Post
    Looks very good as does your website. My favorite photo in the album has to be Kim's Muley, nice contrast with the snow and blue sky and she was framed perfectly between the antlers with no hands on animal, very good picture. Is there a story on here about that buck? Again nice job on your mounts.
    That buck was Kim's (my wife) third mule deer hunt. We had scouted that buck earlier in October and then put him to bed the night before. In the morning we couldnt find him right away and she passed up a cool buck with one big typical side and the other had a weird non-typical side. Said she wanted to find 'this' buck. We ended up doing a cool stalk around some hills and found this guy bedded with 3 other bucks. A couple shots later and it was done!

The pic is one of my favorites...

Quote Originally Posted by ace76 View Post
    Hey rackmaster, did you ever know a man by the name of Reg Parsons from Cranbrook. He is or was (not sure if he still does taxidermy) another great artist from that area that has done some beautiful work for my dad who lives in Golden. I don't live in Golden anymore but still do lots of hunting up and down that valley for everything.
    I've heard the name, but only been in Cranbrook for a year now and havent met him. But do know people who have apprenticed under him and do some amazing work.