Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfowl Slam?

Re: Waterfowl Slam?

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    I will donate one box (25 rounds) of shells ( my choice) to the first person that completes this.
    oh man i sure hope it's .410 steel #6.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Quote Originally Posted by kyleklassen View Post
    oh man i sure hope it's .410 steel #6.
    Only for you, cause your worth it!

I think we should start now as we are only one week into the new year. Also, it would stop people from freezing birds now just to save em for next season. Plus geese and brant are about to start. Who wants to start a thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Sounds interesting. I vote to start next season
    "There's a thin line between a mallard hen's quack and a human's fart. The only difference is cadence and odour" - Jase Robertson

I'll sticky it if you guys start it.
    All drake limit sounds like a good idea, even if it's different species.
    You guys could go back in to your posts and add species as you go or make a list and check them off as you pick them off.
    Dan
    P.S. I saw one Ruddy on the Pitt River back in the late 70's and I believe there are a few at Reifel Refuge from time to time too. My dad belonged to a club in Maple Ridge back in the early 70's that had a wild rice paddy.... Ya, it was awesome! Opening day I shot a couple blue wing teal and I saw a cinnamon taken then too. With the milder weather we have had in october the last few years, we may see more of these birds taken locally.
    Last edited by Dano; 01-08-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Well im down to put this together but im hestitant to start it now as there is a big "break" coming shortly. How many people would be interested in doing something like this? Looks like there is at least 5 of us willing to give er a whirl, im sure there are more but im looking for people to pipe in. Also what are peoples thoughts of starting it now or waiting till closer to the 2013 season. i feel pretty confident i could gather up some pretty sweet prizes (calls, lanyards, for sure.) if there was enough interest...

Lorne

A Full season starting September 2013 to end season in March 2014 with the closing of geese sounds about right.

The next couple of weeks can be used for a practise round to end 2012 season for a bit of fun and to get things aligned for the real challenge starting next season.

I guess 10 to 12 species types between now and March 10 would be a reasonable challenge for anyone wishing to give it a go......... Last Sunday on the Harison gave me 5 diferent species in a single day.

Anyhow it looks like we have a number of interested people so far this could be really fun, a bit of traveling may be required though.

These have all been spotted around the lower mainland in the last three months

Last edited by Kudu; 01-08-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    So what constitutes a waterfowl slam?
    When Lorne has 8 ducks about to touch down in his decoys and out comes the swatter. 3 shots .... NO SURVIVORS.

I'm in Lorne..

Prize should be a box of the winners favor shells from each participant? Get enough guy's, winner could shoot for couple weeks for free! Haha!

How about keeping it friendly so as to include new and experienced hunters on the same field (no prizes unless some of you want to make deals amongst yourselves).
    Put together a few groups of birds as a "Slam" like:
    Greenhead slam (all drake mallards in limit)
    All drake slam (at least 3 species in limit)
    Super drake slam (all drake limit with 4 species)
    Goose slam (Canada, snow, spec., maybe ad a cackler or Brant to make it a super...)
    Sea duck slam (figure out your daily limits, I don't know much about sea ducks... you can make it a season slam and put in 5 or 6 species including hard to get species like Longtail and Harlequin which would make sense to be part of s seaduck super slam)
    Diver slam (pick your species guys who hunt them)

Maybe we could make an image and add something like "HBC Greenhead Slam 2013" to your signature. Or at the end of the season, we could make a Sticky that lists guys who made these limits/or took all species named in the category.

Up to you guys......
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!