Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfowl Slam?

Re: Waterfowl Slam?

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Ruddy duck, where does one typically find them?
    I saw a few on a pond here in Dawson creek this past fall. Looking forward to trying to get one next year. Cool looking bird.

I will donate one box (25 rounds) of shells ( my choice) to the first person that completes this.

Well im down to put this together but im hestitant to start it now as there is a big "break" coming shortly. How many people would be interested in doing something like this? Looks like there is at least 5 of us willing to give er a whirl, im sure there are more but im looking for people to pipe in. Also what are peoples thoughts of starting it now or waiting till closer to the 2013 season. i feel pretty confident i could gather up some pretty sweet prizes (calls, lanyards, for sure.) if there was enough interest...

Lorne
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 01-08-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

I'm interested, will be my first year duck hunting. Going to hit the sloughs and fields locally, but would love to do a sea duck swap for whitetails here in Dawson.

I am in! This is my kind of contest, we used to do this with fishing, back when that was my sport of choice. In September I did a trip to the Yukon, we hit 12 different species of fish, both fresh and salt.

this is going to be fun!

If we made it this year I could shoot a bunch of Cinnys while in Baja brant hunting and a few others, bluebills pintails shovelers mottled duck. Then back for late season geese, cacklers and honkers.

What's the prize? You might as well hand it over now.

I say it should be a season. Sept-march.

unless it was a bc contest only. I'd freeze all my birds and thaw em for next season. Bwhahahaha
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Well im down to put this together but im hestitant to start it now as there is a big "break" coming shortly. How many people would be interested in doing something like this? Looks like there is at least 5 of us willing to give er a whirl, im sure there are more but im looking for people to pipe in. Also what are peoples thoughts of starting it now or waiting till closer to the 2013 season. i feel pretty confident i could gather up some pretty sweet prizes (calls, lanyards, for sure.) if there was enough interest...

Lorne
    Ground rules FIRST would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Ground rules FIRST would be nice.
    I hear yah. THats why i am trying to see the interest level before i put something out there.

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Sounds like a good excuse to hunt ducks again, if I can just finish the house.

My Lab turned 16 today.

I think I will give it a whirl. Don't think I stand much of chance as my kids schedules keep my hunting limited, but sounds like fun none the less. A great practice for species recognition as well for us newbies. And I also agree, it should be a full season sept.- march.