Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Waterfowl Slam?

Re: Waterfowl Slam?

How do you guys feel about signature banners ? Lots of other forums use them for fishing contests, big game contests etc.

I just whipped up a couple rough ones to get your guys opinions.

I could make 5, one for each category. As well as a combination banner where you could have say 3 of 5 or 2 of 5 etc. on it. And last but most important one for the complete slam
    Last edited by KB90; 01-11-2013 at 10:35 PM.

^^^^ those are wicked!

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

K ... I'll chime in. I added some input as to birds, not known to frequent BC geographical locales, for possible harvest. Just saying if this is going to be a BC waters contest.

DABBER - the Puddle Jump 7

American Widgeon- DAB
    Gadwall - DAB
    Green-winged Teal - DAB
    Mallard - DAB
    Northern Shoveler - DAB
    Northern Pintail - DAB
    Wood Duck - DAB

Bonus dabbling ducks

*American Black Duck - DAB - Question why it's on list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Black_Duck
    *Black-bellied Whistling-Duck - DAB - Shouldn't be on list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-b...Whistling_Duck
    *Blue-winged Teal - DAB
    *Cinnamon Teal - DAB
    *Fulvous Whistling-Duck - DAB - Shouldn't be on list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulvous_Whistling_Duck
    *Mottled Duck - DAB - Shouldn't be on list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mottled_Duck
    *Eurasian Widgeon - DAB - Should be on list.

DIVING -
    the Underwater 8

Barrow's Goldeneye - DIVER
    Bufflehead - DIVER
    Common Goldeneye - DIVER
    Common Merganser - DIVER
    Hooded Merganser - DIVER
    Lesser Scaup - DIVER
    Red-breasted Merganser - DIVER
    Ring-necked Duck - DIVER

Bonus Diving Ducks

*Canvasback - DIVER
    *Greater Scaup - DIVER
    *Redhead - DIVER
    *Ruddy Duck - DIVER

SEA DUCKS - The Briny 5

Black Scoter - SEA
    Harlequin Duck - SEA
    Long-tailed Duck (Old Squaw) - SEA
    Surf Scoter - SEA
    White-winged Scoter - SEA

Bonus sea ducks

*Common Eider - SEA - Neither are locale to BC waters.
    *King Eider - SEA

GEESE - The honking 5

Greater White-fronted Goose (SpeckleBelly) - Note: I believe just became harvestable to region 2.
    Snow Goose
    Canada Goose
    Cackling Goose
    Brant

Bonus goose

*Ross's Goose

Now there are a few rarities ... http://www.birdweb.org/birdweb/bird/garganey ... http://www.birdweb.org/birdweb/bird/tufted_duck. These are 2

of the more common ones. Reference: http://birdweb.org/birdweb/birds#Waterfowl
    Last edited by Freshtracks; 01-12-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Hi Fresh,

First this is a BC only contest. you cant travel to other provinces or states or countries to harvest any of the above.

The purpose of a bonus duck is because they dont frequent the area and would bea "bonus" if you got one...

Bonus ducks are not included in the "slam" but used as a tie breakers.

Lorne
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Hi Fresh,

First this is a BC only contest. you cant travel to other provinces or states or countries to harvest any of the above.

The purpose of a bonus duck is because they dont frequent the area and would bea "bonus" if you got one...

Bonus ducks are not included in the "slam" but used as a tie breakers.

Lorne
    Hi Lorne,

I understand it was a BC only shoot. My Slam scenerio is explained better in Dano's, 'How many species have you taken' thread. Currently most groups do have harvestable bonus birds, other than the Sea ducks. But that is BB's list ... divers and sea ducks could be grouped together as Divers, with a bonus list of the harder to harvest ones.

As I noted in the other thread ... the 25 are doable ... get 5 bonus ducks ... all in BC and that's a SLAM!.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshtracks View Post
    Hi Lorne,

I understand it was a BC only shoot. My Slam scenerio is explained better in Dano's, 'How many species have you taken' thread. Currently most groups do have harvestable bonus birds, other than the Sea ducks. But that is BB's list ... divers and sea ducks could be grouped together as Divers, with a bonus list of the harder to harvest ones.

As I noted in the other thread ... the 25 are doable ... get 5 bonus ducks ... all in BC and that's a SLAM!.

25 doable ducks and 5 bonus ducks - all out of BC - what a season that would be.......

This challange is really going to be interesting - cant wait for next season now.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

what about coots and snipe??
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Bump......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

The waterfowl season is just down the road - lets get this sorted!

Let's have everyone's thoughts on this please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am ready to take peoples money.