Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hell from the AIR

Re: Hell from the AIR

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Our pilot was telling us that he has been shot at 7 times while flying.One person had to come clean to the authorities and claimed he was angry due to flying too low over his land... wtf.
    Some people like them doing this and some hate it due to wild boar being on their 'hunt sell' meneu.
    I would assume that the land owners would have to give you their permission ahead of time wouldn't they? Getting upset after the fact is pretty stupid considering he knew what he was allowing!
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Basically a grand an hr each , we did two hrs each , 6 guys , 3 in the air at a time. Sounds a bit pricey , but if you look at it like chewin off a slice of life and experienceing something new it doesnt matter....we'r gonna be dead too quick , gotta try EVERYTHING !
    Damn You Steve
    It seems like everytime you post videos my bucket list gets bigger. I am signed up for a trappers course so I can snare wolves next month. Now this, your right a must do before I die. Thanks for the post a guy sometimes doesn't know whats out there to do in this world until someone shows us.
    Thanks again Mike
    I like to walk until I am exhausted ...... Then I turn around and go back

Hey Moose , do a little 'research' . I found another outfit in Texas wich gives 4 hrs and is about 25% cheaper than the guys we went with. BUT , will have to find out if the pilots are 'cowboys' or not. The video of the cheaper outfit looks 'possibly' a little 'less action flying'. Our guys were all over the place , from 5 ft off the backs of the hogs to chasing them down and spinning backwards as we passed them. The other outfitts video looked more like a possible 'greyhound bus tour' driving from a 'ways' off the ground...yaaawn.
    I'm going to try and wrangel up a canadian posse to go hit it again next winter !

Hey Steve
    I couldn't take it anymore. Heli hog'n has been on my mind since your post. So I just booked a Texas trip for my daughter and I for this June/July. The R-44s were already booked so we will have to take turns in the two seater. Still really excited to experience this adventure. We also booked a alligator gar fishing trip. I am also looking into a catfish noodling tour as well. This will fill the gap between shed hunting and sheep hunting nicely.
    Mike

Gonna be warm in Texas June&July be ready for that.

Looking forward to hear how it goes Moose2, I'm gonna try for a trip next xmas/newyears, looks like my kind of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by moose2 View Post
    Hey Steve
    I couldn't take it anymore. Heli hog'n has been on my mind since your post. So I just booked a Texas trip for my daughter and I for this June/July. The R-44s were already booked so we will have to take turns in the two seater. Still really excited to experience this adventure. We also booked a alligator gar fishing trip. I am also looking into a catfish noodling tour as well. This will fill the gap between shed hunting and sheep hunting nicely.
    Mike
    GOOD NEWS ! nothin better than watching people taking BIG slices of life and gobbling them up!!!

Did you go with 'Cedar Ridge' ?? , you are not going to regret it !
    I am going to round up another posse for next winter to !

Warm sounds good to me right now -28 with a 25km wind here tonight. I hope to have some good stories and pictures to post when we get back, but until then its shed hunt'n season.
    Cheers Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Gonna be warm in Texas June&July be ready for that.

Looking forward to hear how it goes Moose2, I'm gonna try for a trip next xmas/newyears, looks like my kind of fun!

I plan on doing that the rest of my life. I will pick a couple adventures a year that I haven't done before and work hard to get them done. I am working towards a 5 day marlin trip in Panama for Jan 2014. If you have any crazy adventures planed in the future and need another guy along let me know.
    Talk to you later
    Mike

GOOD NEWS ! nothin better than watching people taking BIG slices of life and gobbling them up!!!

Did you go with 'Cedar Ridge' ?? , you are not going to regret it !
    I am going to round up another posse for next winter to !

Quote Originally Posted by moose2 View Post
    I plan on doing that the rest of my life. I will pick a couple adventures a year that I haven't done before and work hard to get them done. I am working towards a 5 day marlin trip in Panama for Jan 2014. If you have any crazy adventures planed in the future and need another guy along let me know.
    Talk to you later
    Mike
    Goods news ! I'll put you on 'The List'.

Side note , sometimes the guys fly private property where only shotguns are allowed.DONT do it. AR's are the ONLY way to go. 30 rounds clips as opposed to re loading EVERY 6 seconds with a shotty doesnt even compare !

Hey PG
    The outfitter were going with offers the use of AR 10's or AR 15's with unlimited ammo built into the price. The fact that they are booked solid 6 months in advance seems like a good sign. I have spoke with them on the phone and they said they will meet us in San Antonio and we can follow them to the ranch we will be using.
    Mike