Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays Duck Hunt

Re: Todays Duck Hunt

hey rookie Ron, awesome and great for you. Good hunt man. But your benched! Try to pass on the hen pintails. Everybody should be doing this. We are trying to see hen Pintails make a rebound as their 55 yr average is the lowest of all our ducks. I know, some a holes on other forums would like to attack me for what i just said and i'm sure someone here would like to do the same thing. Delta Waterfowl and millions of duck hunters do practice on letting the hen pintails pass. I mostly am just talking about pintails, or canvasbacks or redheads and teal. I mean i always go for the drakes and sometimes it doesn't work out. I haven't killed a hen pintail in 20 yrs. Now correct these rookie mistakes and your on your way to becoming a duck hunter And as for anyone who doesn't take voluntary restraint serious even though it's voluntary, then of course that is your choice. I'm just voicing my opinion and don't want to ruffle some Biologist a hole who thinks he knows everything. There is a guy around here who will crucify anyone talking about passing on hens. I think he got his "degree" off a cereal box and just wants to try to impress people which isn't impressive at all. Oh, and how bout that! my first post. Not very impressive!
    Last edited by foggyhunt; 12-30-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Wow that's a fine looking bag...I would hate to see how good it would have looked without "mistakes!!!"
    Member of:
    BC Wildlife Federation
    Delta Waterfowl
    Ducks Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by foggyhunt View Post
    hey rookie Ron, awesome and great for you. Good hunt man. But your benched! Try to pass on the hen pintails. Everybody should be doing this. We are trying to see hen Pintails make a rebound as their 55 yr average is the lowest of all our ducks. I know, some a holes on other forums would like to attack me for what i just said and i'm sure someone here would like to do the same thing. Delta Waterfowl and millions of duck hunters do practice on letting the hen pintails pass. I mostly am just talking about pintails, or canvasbacks or redheads and teal. I mean i always go for the drakes and sometimes it doesn't work out. I haven't killed a hen pintail in 20 yrs. Now correct these rookie mistakes and your on your way to becoming a duck hunter And as for anyone who doesn't take voluntary restraint serious even though it's voluntary, then of course that is your choice. I'm just voicing my opinion and don't want to ruffle some Biologist a hole who thinks he knows everything. There is a guy around here who will crucify anyone talking about passing on hens. I think he got his "degree" off a cereal box and just wants to try to impress people which isn't impressive at all. Oh, and how bout that! my first post. Not very impressive!

Nice first post...See you brought your soap box to stand on. I am not sure if i am the guy you are referring to, as i have no clue who you are, and i wont use my degree but ill post some helpful links for you....

Passing on hens is not going to help anything bounce back. Hunting is such a minoot thing in overall duck mortaility that it has been proven time and time again that letting hens get a free pass although might make you feel good, and makes for a nicer picture doesnt do much. To not side track this great thread feel free to start a different one if you want to debate it. but until then heres some reading for you. If you can give me any data or statistics that suggests shooting drakes only will improve the duck numbers im all ears....

http://www.wildfowlmag.com/dead-hens...t-females.html
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 12-30-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Foggyhunt,

Just who do you think you are coming aboard a guy for posting about his day in the field. Yes it would be great to only shoot drakes and like Lorne said it makes nice pictures but that is about all it does. The Province of BC alows for 4 pintails a day, drakes, hens makes no differance, so give the guy a break and let him and everyone else shoot what they want when they want within the law. For your first post you really do come off like the one of the a holes you are talking about. Ron should be proud to have decoyed and taken 4 pins on his second outing, as most of us know they are real pricks to decoy and drive us nuts most of the time. You hunt your way, and have your opinions, but you are in no position to talk down to anyone who is hunting his way taking the birds/game he wants to. Get your head out of your A$$.....
    My dinner ate my vegetables for me !

Jamie

X2 LP1
    X3 Duck Buster!!!!
    Foggy is a great name for an ASSHAT???----Cheers----Field Marshal.

Not even a total limit, all drakes but one and a 1 post troll comes on here preaching. Probably kicked of every other hunting forum.

I quess he better not kill any chickens or he won't get his egg mcmuffy, never seen a rooster lay eggos yet, LoL

Well done Ron, got a full bag of Pinnies and most of your learning, and adapting. Keep that up and you shall be more then capable of becoming whatever kind of waterfowler you choose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on???? Maybe you should step down off that soap box as you seem to be suffering from hypoxia. You should probably heed some of your own advice and show a little more voluntary restraint, and a little less chest beating. Guy is a rookie to the sport, trying to make progress, and you dumping on him for shooting one hen pinnie out of four. On you first post on this forum too boot, party fowl #1 party fowl #2 no other post to introduce yourself, #3 no first post joke, #4 you go off on a tangent with out a lick of evidence.

Awesome way to respresent the sport and make friends all at the same time wicked multi-tasking

sod off ya troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Awesome hunt there Ron! I guess the birds are starting to show up again in there!? Last Saturday we went for an afternoon walk in the marsh and it was quite slow. Just shows timing is a big part of the learning curve too... and you sir were in the right place at the right time and clearly have the right mentor! Awesome job!