Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite Scope

Bushnell Elite Scope

I am seriously looking to buy this scope but have a concern. In the reviews I have read there seems to be a consistent criticism of this scope and that criticism is the adjustment and zero in process. The criticism is and I quote" they're a pain to zero in... Under ideal conditions (measured distances and using a lead sled) they don't respond to your adjustments as they should. You will go through MANY rounds to get it zeroed but when you do, it holds the setting well." Is this a justified criticism. With the $75.00 rebate promotion going on this is a good dead. Also, I am trying to decide between the MultiX and the DOA600 reticle. I am concerned the DOA600 will prove to be too busy and confusing when throwing up the rifle in a hunting situation.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bushnell Ilite Scope

I have the Elite 3200 3x9 and have never had an issue with it. Zeroing was never an issue and it's still zeroed 3 years and 200 rounds later. I've never had a warranty claim so I can't comment on their service. I like the scope and for what you pay I think they do their job just fine.

I have a few Bushnell Elites in Tactical and 6500. They are very fine scopes for the money. Maybe the critic does not know how to zero or was using lousy ammo. Never had any zeroing issues . with them. You should only take 3-5 rounds to zero it in. The Rainguard is great feature in the scope. Just bought another one for a Christmas gift. Go with the recticle that you find the easiest on your eye.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I went with the multix.

I have one that's a paper weight now after being in for warranty work 3 times they said they wouldn't fix it the last time it went in. First time it fogged up 3 weeks after getting it. If your stuff gets used, steer clear of bushnell. Junk.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Go with a high end Tasco.
    Run to the hills

Redfield's are supposed to be great and they have the Leupold warranty.

With that said I do own 2 Bushnell's and I have never had a problem. I think the issue you might have heard are with long range target shooters. Even high end scopes can have problems tracking from + / - MOA back to 0. But if your using your Bushnell just to set Zero and leave it there like most people in a hunting situation do it should be fine
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Well... I've had the Bushnell Elite 3200 on my Tikka .270 for almost 7 years now and can say with 100% certainty, that scope should have died a long, long time ago... lol. I have fallen on it (5 or 6 times at least) and I mean good hard falls, dropped it in creeks, smacked it against rock faces and trees, hauled it for miles on quads, hauled it for many, many miles strapped to my pack in all sorts of terrain and it's never lost it's zero aside from when I change bullet weights.

Is it a great scope...? You will be able to kill something in ideal light conditions, put it that way... Mine definitely took a shit kicking and still works but I am looking to upgrade now.

Carl
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

Not saying it won't work.
    But you could also cook your dinner in a galvanized pot.

I really don't care what scope people buy, but to let you know my Bushnell couldn't even stand up on my 7x57.
    As far as I'm concerned it's a P.O.S
    Run to the hills

Last year I bought a Bushnell 6500 Elite to go on my New Sako 85 in 300wsm. I got a great deal on it as it was 30% off, yet it ended up costing me a ton of money in bullets and time in the end.

I purchased the scope from one store and the gun from another. When I brought the scope in to the store which I bought the gun to be mounted the person that mounted the scope showed me that changing the parallax adjustment changed the impact point. At this point I was not sure if this was a big deal or the guy was just messing with me because I did not buy the scope at his store. I grabbed a box of ammo and was off.

I contacted the scope store and asked about this impact change with the parallax adjustment. They said It is normal for this to happen and that the scope was probably fine. Also contacted the Bushnell rep and they said it was fine. I talked to various other gun experts and they said this was not fine? Confused, I headed to the gun rage with a few boxes of ammo and let rip I could not get the thing to group at all on my lead sled. I tried 4 different grains of bullets, as well as different quality and could not get a better 100yrd group than 2.5 inches. I had other people shoot my gun with the same results. I also found that it was difficult to find the zero point and took a few shot to see results after a change
    Scope store said it was the gun and gun store said it was the scope. Scope store said it was the person mounting it , gun store said try a different scope!

It wasn't until I tried a friend’s vortex scope on it that I could see that There was a problem with the scope. No matter what round I put in it I was getting great groups. I still do not know if it was a problem with the parallax adjustment, the aforementioned difficulty finding the zero point or both or something different, All I know is that scope did not work.
    The store I purchased it at took the scope back and I put a few hundred more dollars into a Zeiss conquest 3.5x10. I had it sighted in to sub moa with one box of ammo. I don't think I will try to "SAVE" money with Bushnell again.
    I see now that the scope store has gotten rid of all of its Bushnell elite scopes(with the 30% off sale) and is mostly selling Zeiss. HL