Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap, easy, home built MOJO remote!

Re: Cheap, easy, home built MOJO remote!

Thank you for figuring this out and posting your results.
    After looking at many LML stores I just found Baby Mojos at Italian Sporting Goods and my first thought was 'Wish it had a remote'.
    I will be following your instructions to install, thanks again.

First ever duck hunt tomorrow. One mojo is our entire deke setup. The journey begins.

Rats. Ducks here don't open till oct 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

yeah, we're headed up to Region 5. have seen a bazillion ducks up there while hunting deer. ok, maybe a couple hundred.

bringing deer rifles in case Murphy's law holds and we see no ducks but lots of deer.

antenae for the remote

If you take the receiver apart (2 small phillips screws) there is a yellow wire coiled up inside. This is the antenae. If you uncoil the wire and bring it outside of the receiver box, the range improves greatly.

Take a file and make a small notch for the wire in the receiver box so it doesn't pinch the wire.

These remotes work very well and thanks to Big Boar for your help guiding me through the wiring process.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Re: antenae for the remote

I'll do the upgrade after the weekend. How did you make the discovery? This sounds way better than holding the remote to your head!
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

Re: antenae for the remote

Thats cool, I'll have to give this a try. Already work pretty good for me. Glad to hear yours are spinning. (when you want)

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    If you take the receiver apart (2 small phillips screws) there is a yellow wire coiled up inside. This is the antenae. If you uncoil the wire and bring it outside of the receiver box, the range improves greatly.

Take a file and make a small notch for the wire in the receiver box so it doesn't pinch the wire.

These remotes work very well and thanks to Big Boar for your help guiding me through the wiring process.
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

If a person bought a two channel unit would that control two ducks independently?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I'm not sure. It would be nice to figure out a way to turn them all on or off together at once using one remote. I've got 3 separate remotes to my "flock" and it's a bit of a nuisance dealing with 3 remotes. I'm sure there's a way to program them all together but I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    If a person bought a two channel unit would that control two ducks independently?
    provided the channels were matching Freqs it should

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Hey if anyone needs any of the ebay remotes i have three extra ones .I think they were like $12.00 each