Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap, easy, home built MOJO remote!

Re: Cheap, easy, home built MOJO remote!

Wicked, glad to hear it is working for people. Should be good for shutting them off when the geese lock on tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Yep, they work great - note - when the remote stops turning the mojo off, its time to change batteries or recharge....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Yep, they work great - note - when the remote stops turning the mojo off, its time to change batteries or recharge....
    Or put the remote inside your jacket, then tend to loose large amounts of range in the cold

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    I was just going to post the same advice. I thought my Hong Kong special had died, but when I re-charged the battery, all is well.

Has anyone tried another brand of battery for the Mojo or are they all about the same performance?
    Last edited by blindman; 01-05-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

I have the 49.99 name brand remote, Dave's is better than mine.
    The next one i buy will be the chinese cheese, version..

I installed and used all 3 of mine today, in the mojo babies, and in the regular mojo. All worked well, at long distance though, I tried the trick of holding the remote to my head, and it actually worked better. Give it a try!
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by blindman View Post
    I was just going to post the same advice. I thought my Hong Kong special had died, but when I re-charged the battery, all is well.

Has anyone tried another brand of battery for the Mojo or are they all about the same performance?

Yep - that's what happned to me.

I have two installed in Baby Mojos, the other day I had both spinning away, some ducks came and had look, so I flicked the off button - One went dead instantly the other just kept spinning...

I walked up to the spinning one, when I was within three feet of it, it switched off...

At first I thought the battery in the remote was done... anyhow I switched the battery packs in the mojos and the problem just followed the weak battery back into the other mojo...

Now I keep the spare battery pack loaded with fresh AA's, and when the remote stops working I simply switch battery packs for the fresh ones - and the jobs a good one!
    Last edited by Kudu; 01-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Big Boar
    got my remote in the mail today and am curious on how big of a fuse did you put in

My original mojo had a fuse which I left in it. The new babies didnt have a fuse, so I didn't put one in.

yup same here....no fuse
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington