Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap, easy, home built MOJO remote!

Cheap, easy, home built MOJO remote!

Well it all started with trying to figure out how to make a mojo remote.

The reason they are great is because often geese won't land into your spread if your spinners are running. Also, ducks seeing them running time and time again may get suspicious of them, so shutting them off when the ducks are coming in could really make a difference to getting them to commit.

I mean how hard could it be? Its an on and off switch!! $50 for one plus taxes is a bit crazy. As I have 3 of them, it would have been a sufficient expense. So I made this thread....

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...jo+remote+boar

I didn't really get the answers there that I was looking for.

So I started digging. I ended up looking at a 6 volt remote on/off on ebay. (standard mojo is 6 volts) The item number is 261072949172, buy a few if you want.

For $13.50 total, I just thought I would giver a go.

I hooked it up and after 10 minutes it was tested to work. I moved the receiver box inside the duck, and went out to 30 yards. Seems like it works and all is a go.

Well the reason I only bought one, even though I have 3 mojos, is because this item is a 6 volt and the twin pack of baby mojos is 9 volt. So I bought this one and thought I would test it out on the 9 volt baby as I found some things online that said it should also work on a 12 volt connection. Sure enough, I hooked it up, and it worked!

If anyone eles buys one of these I will post up pics of how you hook it up. All tools needed are a knife and some electrical tape. Takes about 10 minutes.

Enjoy. Here is a video of the 9 volt working (click on the pic below)

Here is a video of the 6 volt working from a little ways away.
    (click on the pic below)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cheap, easy, home built MOJO remote!

Thank you. I've been trying to solve this very problem with no luck. I tried a Mojo remote and it worked part time so it went back.
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

Sweet!
    If only I had Mogo....

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Have you tested for range ? Can they be coded so one remote runs two or more units ?
    Thats a lot cheaper than the $100 units I bought a year ago.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Ihave 3 mojos
    gonna give it a go
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Have you tested for range ? Can they be coded so one remote runs two or more units ?
    Thats a lot cheaper than the $100 units I bought a year ago.
    I am not sure on the coding. I will have to do some digging on that. Not sure if its the remote or the receiver that would get changed. I know you can extend the range with a quick fix on youtube

or try this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sietggt1ICQ

I moved the receiver box inside the duck, and went out to 30 yards. Seems like it works and all is a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Hi BB,

Two things - how long did it take to get your remotes from the seller on ebay

Second I have ordered two for my baby Mojos, can you send me the wiring instructions

Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Ordered a couple from Hong Kong and took about 2 weeks to get here
    The guy even put on the declaration that they were "gifts".....so no duty
    Gonna hook them up and give them a go

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

works like a hot damn!!
    both remotes seem to be keyed differently and only work the specific box it came with.
    I put the duck at the back of the garage in the back yard and stood at the front corner of the house (about 45 yards) and it worked no problem
    had good range.

Got my remote in 10 working days. Installed it yesterday and it is the "Cat's Meow" meaning it functions like a dream.
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?