Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paper Tuning

Re: Paper Tuning

I am in no means an expert, but I like to use both paper tuning and walk back tuning. The way I see it, you end up with a bow that is better tuned which has the end result of making you supremely confident in your equipment.

And perfect form aside which few have, in my opinion it comes down to shot to shot consistency. So do whatever you can do to eliminate equipment/tuning issues from that.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 12-20-2012 at 11:54 AM.

I paper tune so my broadheads leave my bow straight for penetration reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by hardnocks View Post
    No methed of tuning is a waste of time. The more you tune the more you learn about your bow and your own shooting style.
    paper tuning is a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger4 View Post
    paper tuning is a waste of time
    how do you tune your bow?

Use whatever system or both yu want . Just make sure you have the time set aside to do it right as you are not only tuning your bow but also tuning your level of confidence . A hurrried session can destroy the setup you have or leave you fustrated .
    Cheers .
    Last edited by greybark; 12-20-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Tune your bow every way you can before you go hunting. For guys saying there is no need to paper tune for hunting but it is neccesary to paper tune for targets. BS. Who really cares if you wound a target!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Tune your bow every way you can before you go hunting. For guys saying there is no need to paper tune for hunting but it is neccesary to paper tune for targets. BS. Who really cares if you wound a target!!!
    To each his own. If you have the time to waist paper tuning then go right ahead. I simply put that I found it a complete waist of time. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!
    Success = Marry the right person, this single decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.

a lot of guys don't even have the right spine never mind perfect form , and if your form isn't perfect (every single time) then how can you possibly repeat every shot perfectly when paper tuning...........
    a hooter shooter will get your arrows perfect....................now you have the perfect arrow right ? , now "you" have to adjust to your not so perfect form............thats where blind bale shooting helps, but this is just my opinion also...........

Paper tuning is an important part of arrow flight. Paper tuning does you no good unless you first spin test your arrows. Broad heads that aren't square to the arrow will have an effect on arrow flight. Ensure the insert is squarely inserted in the arrow. I always explain to people that single shots are more important then good groups. Your not going to have twenty shots on an animal. I practice for the season by shooting one arrow then giving it a rest for half an hour then shoot again. After three shots I determine what adjustments need to be made to my sights. When your hunting the first shot is what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger4 View Post
    a lot of guys don't even have the right spine never mind perfect form , and if your form isn't perfect (every single time) then how can you possibly repeat every shot perfectly when paper tuning...........
    a hooter shooter will get your arrows perfect....................now you have the perfect arrow right ? , now "you" have to adjust to your not so perfect form............thats where blind bale shooting helps, but this is just my opinion also...........
    Agree ...

Lemme ask you all "pro tuners" this ... whats the perfect paper tune? Most will say bullet holes ... yet i know alot of Top shelf archers ... ie: Vegas Money types as well as National 3D champion types(US and CDN) that prefer a slight tear at 3meters out .. as they group a bit tighter...

To get a proper Idea of what your arrow is doing in flight you have got to shoot through about 10 peices of paper spaced about 1 meter apart or use high speed cameras .... How many of you "pro" paper tuners have done that?

Just a few provoking thoughts.

Dont just do something because somebody says so ... think about it
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask