Thread: hunting on your own land or a freinds

hunting on your own land or a freinds

I can not find the answer I want. I want to know how large the land has to be. guessing still 50 yards away from any home to bow hunt. and what kinda form do I need to get them to fill out ex.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: hunting on your own land or a freinds

It's no hunting or shooting within 100 metres of a house, occupied barn, schoolyard etc. No minimum lot size unless there's some weird local law.

I don't think you need anything in writing. If there's some sort of dispute it would be easier with written permission, but I think verbal permission is still permission. Then again I'm not a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by reach View Post
    It's no hunting or shooting within 100 metres of a house, occupied barn, schoolyard etc. No minimum lot size unless there's some weird local law.

I don't think you need anything in writing. If there's some sort of dispute it would be easier with written permission, but I think verbal permission is still permission. Then again I'm not a lawyer.
    I'd get written permission no matter the relationship. I've heard a few tales about how things can go south when one party tells a different tale in front of a LEO or a CO. Gone are the days when a man's word was as good as a hand shake. Well almost!!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

i have 4 acres behind me. in a sub division. but if i walk 100 metres it is then close to a path that is owned by the city. but no house with 200 more metres. can i still hunt there as long as im on his land. What if the deer runs on to some elses land ex.

Check with your local "municipality" or "Regional District".Wherever you pay property taxes! They will most likely have no shooing bylaws (with bows,crossbows,rifles,shotguns,pellet guns,etc)in place,so add that to the huntings regs,and you'll have your answers.Most likely you can't shoot on your friends lot.
    I "had permission" on a 22 acre parcel from the landowner,only to find out it was within the "District of North Cowichan" ,where the bylaws in place stopped me from going into it. Just be sure.
    Count your age by friends...not years. Count your life by smiles...and not tears.