Thread: Not Happy With NAP wraps

Not Happy With NAP wraps

Just got my new Easton arrows with NAP wraps.
    After about a dozen shots and a few tight groups at 30&40 yards I noticed my fletches were falling off and the wraps were cracking off in little bits.
    Has anyone else had problems with these wraps?

Im going to strip them all off and re-do my fletches myself without the wraps, very dissapointing as I paid extra bucks for the white wraps on em.
    Timber Ghosts, Beware!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Not Happy With NAP wraps

I've been shooting the bohning wraps for a couple of months. No issues with them, and they look great!
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

I don't like wraps for a few reasons, but the Easton Axis arrows that I shoot seem to all come with them now. I simply hold the wrapped end in boiling water for a few seconds and quickly slide the wrap off. Use a cloth to protect your hands.
    Sand or steel wool the shaft and then clean and fletch as usual. I don't care for quick set glue either. It seems to break down over time. Fletch-Tite Platinum for me. And I also clean the base of the Blazer vanes even though they say not to. I get better results.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Thanks Ambush, I was told to use the boiling water method and it did work great, came off in one piece.
    Going to steel wool the shafts today and put em back on, ill have to pick up some new glue aswell.
    Timber Ghosts, Beware!

I have the same ones and I have had no problems what so ever. I have put them on all 3 dozen of my arrows.

The best place on earth ( In the bush )

Maybe i just got a bad batch then, or he used sh#t glue on them.
    I got 1 doz stripped down with new fletches glued on and drying.

If i do put wraps on again, Im sure i will adventually cause i like the look of them... but ill be doing them myself next time
    Timber Ghosts, Beware!

I had the same problem with the NAP wraps. I sent a review to NAP with a few negitive findings. #1. Wrap doesnt fold up. #2. the biggest knock i have against they is Quick Spin clearly states that you must fletch (install) them either straight or with at most a 2 degree offset. When you install the quick fletch in boiling water, they set at a full right hand hel. Totally against the grain on how ur to install them. You really notice a difference past 30 yards. They are energy hoggs. Stick to Bohning. Install the wrap then fletch the 2" Blazer vein which ever way you want. You will see a huge difference between them both.

Living life at full draw.

Thanks xtreme your right on that, Thats another thing i forgot to mention is they definately are energy hogs past 30 yrds, I use lumenoks and shot an easton Epic with Nap wraps and without. you can see the differance.
    I'll try Bohning next time I get into wraps again
    Timber Ghosts, Beware!