Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethics... is taking a tough shot REALLY that bad?

Re: Ethics... is taking a tough shot REALLY that bad?

Twisted rational. Let the predator's decide which prey they can catch. It's a "survival of the fittest", thing. Not survival by human charity. Taking risky low percentage shots, causing undo pain and suffering is immoral. There is no defending it.

I love and respect the animals i hunt , i always harvest them in a very humane manner.. I dont depend on wild game for food, i live near a good stores with good prices.. Others up north do because beef or chicken cost so dam much at the stores and is in short supply .. I would hunt a little different if i was subsistance or survival living.

How does making a bad shot and not finding the animal ethical. Yes the scavengers will find it but that is not what it is about. It is about ethics period, not about well if I make a shit shot and cant find it something will, can't seem to fing logic in that way of thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by 300 View Post
    Thank you for your opinion.
    Wasn't your first post asking for peoples opinion?
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

The point of ethics is that it is never a straightforward answer! Hunting is a lot of fun. So is driving cars. Cars pollute, hunting hurts animals. Do we all walk and eat vegetables? Nope. Ethics is more of a question of where to draw the line. And we all look at it differently! I'm just trying to understand where other people draw there line and why. Thanks for your input, over and out.
    Last edited by 300; 12-06-2012 at 01:23 PM.

There are already so many uncontrolled variable and things that can go wrong hunting, that adding low-percentage shots just seems silly. I would never take a "hail mary" shot at an animal, unless I had already wounded it.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

What about the animals that have to live with a bullet or arrow in them causing them immense pain over the period of their lives ! Because some wannabe thought it was OK to take a risky shot or he has put little practice in at the range ! Not all wounded animals get caught by predators,they live a painful life until they die ! What I cant believe 300 is that you are trying to rationalize this when what you are suggesting is wrong in so many ways !There are threads on guys shooting game with arrows & bullets still in them,its not a given that they will be caught by predators !
    It's the=reads like this that the ANTIS love,so they can paint us all with the same unethical brush & I would hate to be put in the same class as you 300 if this is what you are & do!
    What you are suggesting 300 is unethical and just plain wrong !
    Can one of the mods please shut this thread down !Lets not give the Antis more ammo to use against us !

WOW... I can't believe it. this is wrong on so many levels, and too all who agree that it is okay to let an animal suffer in-humanly deserves 0 respect. that's all I have to say.

Karma is a beach, it will come back @ chew. The good, the bad and the ugly.
    If your hunting for good tasting organic meat then it starts with the type of pursuit, well placed shot, gutting and cleaning and preparing the meat for the table.
    Jel .. Summary: Take an animal that is relaxed, shoot a good steady shot in the vitals, know how to prepare the meat.

Quote Originally Posted by 300 View Post
    Do we all walk and eat vegetables? Nope.

I for one do walk and eat vegetables.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!