Thread: 24 the hard way

24 the hard way

So since the rain has shown up in full force, I decided yesterday to hit a sheet of water in one of the fields I have permission on. I brought along my boss and a good buddy of mine that has wanted to see what this waterfowl thing I'm always ranting about really is. So we met up at preto can and drove out to the fields, I made a last minute change to the exact location we decided to setup in. The wind was howling the rain was falling by the buckets I was excited to see my friends face once the birds started to move.
    We setup he is in awe at the methodical procedure and all the gear (I drove right to the spot so I brought a heavy spread) we finish setting up I move the truck. then we go over the basic how to's and the SOPs for shooting in a group etc.

Since my primary duck call is in @sstario, I actually had to do the calling today. I have been working on it but am still not all that good, I left the shaker at home(so pipe down CF) brought out the Phat lady. My calling was passible and turning birds at distance, I let robo and the weather do the rest. We had a couple decent early flights, but they were nothing in comparison to the vortex created after the first volley My buddy was giggling like a school girl at a bieber concert. After about 35min or so he informs me that he will have to take a conference call at 0815 I laugh.

We keep scratching 1-3 birds at a time, only one big flock came in and we let them pass. During his conference call there was a couple times he had to take his phone of mute which made for some good laughs.
    A good time was had by all, and my buddy is itching to come out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 24 the hard way

Nice shoot thats a pile of plucking there
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.