I failed to say I don't see how a test in a pool or lake has any bearing on wearing waders in and around the delta? The area discussed is known for people going out for the day hunting and being found weeks later dredged up in fishing nets and the sort. It's a very easy place to lose your bearing as the tide comes up and take a different than planned route back. You fall into a good hole over 6 feet and your main concern isn't how well you float but what restricts you from pulling your feet from the mud so that you can get your mouth above water. Fall in the river on the other hand and your biggest problem is drag and current. Waders make you bigger/heavier=more drag and current beating on you as you try to make it to safety. This along with lack of mobility makes getting to the shore or over the side of the boat almost impossible. I fell overboard trying grab a downed bird once. Although I had neoprenes on with a safety belt, it was almost impossible to get back into the boat and yes I had a helping hand thankfully! Had I been alone I would be posting this from the pearly gates. I will gladly take you out in the Delta marsh in my 12' and you can put this "theory" to test...of course I'll bring my hd video camera along so as to not leave the forum followers to wonder what your fate was. Wellington point park Ladner, you name the time