Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladner

Ladner

went out with my buddy today for a morning hunt. we got there just after the sun came up and the water was still with not much movement. We waited for a couple hours in the tall grass and as the rain and wind came the ducks followed. We left around lunch time with 12 or 13 birds between the two of us. On was a really nice pin. With the way the morning started we thought it was going to be a slow day. Was definitely a great time to be out. Those weekday hunts when you can get away from work are what its all about!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ladner

Last Friday morn was the same, dead until 9:30/10 am. Then group after group. To bad I had to leave at 10:30, and no one else hunting. Took 2 mallards and a solo snow in 30 min and had to pickup. Just watching them come in on the walk back.

Can somebody help me out, Where is hunting open for the public in Ladner? I want to hunt ducks and I looked on the Fraser Vally Special Area Hunting Licence map and I couldn't seem to figure it out, could somebody pm me or just post the directions for me. Also is ladner open all week or is it like the pitt marsh where its only open saturdays, sundays, and wednesdays? I'm planning on going tommorrow so could somebody please help me out. Thanks so much!

you have mail and its open all the time
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Most hunting in Ladner Marsh I believe is done by boat/punt. Anyone new, should try and go with someone experienced ... IMHO. Launching can be done @ Captains Cove launch or Wellington Point Park, on River Rd. W., just past SM Products.

lots of walking area to hunt at the end of river road in ladner did it for a few years always got ducks and a few geese as well
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Mule right now the morning tide floods the Marsh (13.5 ish high tide) , make sure to check tide tables. You can only walk and hunt if the tide is 10.5 feet or less, otherwise its a very dangerous area. There are ditches carved out by ocean, some up to 5+ deep and 2 feet across. When the water is level (about 10 foot) looking down they look like puddles, but you can easily go right under. You add 1 foot to that they disappear and its a drowning hazard to most people. I would suggest you first head out and walk the marsh on a 6 foot or less tide. You will be able to spot the ditches carved out, or go out with someone that has hunted the area quite a bit. Also I suggest a walking stick to probe any water logged areas. I've gone down in a few of these ditches they come out of no where sometimes. I'll probably be out Sat or Sun for the evening hunt since the mornings are boat only now.

Good advice J-Man.
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkes3 View Post
    lots of walking area to hunt at the end of river road in ladner did it for a few years always got ducks and a few geese as well
    sparkes3 .... The area you refer to is called Brunswick Point, south of Canoe Pass (some use that reference) and north of Roberts Bank Superport.

I believe J-man might be referring to here also. Great place to hunt. But one better know the tides and wind, as well as the lay of the marsh and where any ditches are located. Spent many a day having great shoots there.

Yea Robert's Point (south of Canoe Pass) I think the sign says at the end of River Rd, that's the place I typically refer to as the marsh. So my post was referring to that area, not actual Ladner Marsh off of Mcneelys Way and Ferry Rd.