Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting without Robos'

Re: Hunting without Robos'

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
    Wow you guys are really sensitive. Sorry to hurt your feelings

I think the OP was asking whether people are relying less on skill and more on the roboducks?

I think they are. Thats my opinion. If you disagree that's totally fine, that's why this is a discussion forum.

Duck calling is an art form that takes people years of practice to get right.(Although you can limit out without one. Pass shooting has been around as long as man could hurl rocks)

It's not the same thing as plugging in an electrical device and loading up. Which I have no issue with, different strokes, different folks
    Then lad they are relying on hype, not being able to read birds and hype simply does not get the job done. The real skill is knowing when they are working and when they are not
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

For the past ten years I have almost solely used nothing more than my Primos Phat Lady call and a handful of deeks if the occasion calls for it. I love pass shooting, getting to know where the birds move day and night, reading the tide charts, hunkering down in a hole and seeing what I can call my way. I have amazing days and I have crap days but what I do know is Robos work and they work even better if you can do a half ass call and have a small spread of shells or floaters in the mix too...especially if you know how to setup a good spread with a good landing pocket. Robo is on my Xmas wish list!

We probably hunt 50% of the time without them, depending on the weather and location. Some days you mind as well stand in the middle of the field wearing blaze orange if using one... other days they will land right beside the green pole that holds the thing up....... those there have made for some "interesting shots", haha

That's usually the last thing I brief to the new people. Don't be surprised if birds almost land on top of Robotica and if they are attempting it DON'T shoot the robo!!!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

bump......
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Missed this one so thanks for the bump three hunts this year with no robos ,2 limits one with a 7 ,yes more work more dekes but more satisfaction maybe too, shot a lot of ducks pre robo so was nice to switch back.Last night ,had a robo on after 2 flocks flared turned it off and used my old duck commander drake call ,was the charm...

I've gone out with just a robo and done well early season. Late season I think it's almost better to leave the robo at home.

I see they have ones now that work their way up and down a pole as they flap.....almost like a peeler.
    May have to get me one of those.
    To warm barrels and cold noses

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Dont be such a loser. If you're going to be a REAL duck hunter, pick up a bow. Guns are for people with tiny junk. Obviously a serious hunter would never use a gun.

I don't even use a decoy unless I've carved it. And I don't even use a knife to carve the decoy!

I also don't use a blind. Of any kind. I have tattooed myself with bamboo tattooing. To a grass pattern.

Anyone who would use any of the above is just an amateur newbie. Obviously.

Btw my wang is so big, it has its own wang, and even that wang is bigger than your wang!

LOL. I miss Big Bore!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Very interesting, just started duck hunting this year. I do not have any decoys, and a only have a handful of calls. What a rush to see a flock of mallards turn in the air to your call, especially for the first time after practicing in the garage and drivin your wife crazy on road trips haha. Also used 2 boxes of shells, killing 6 ducks but hey that's what practice is for hahaha.

Don't sweat it NC anybody on this forum who says he's never had one of those days should run for public office"heh heh"