Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting without Robos'

Re: Hunting without Robos'

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
    It's like every type of hunting. When you get good at it, you start making it more challenging by doing things like only targeting 4 points, or in this case taking away the robo duck.
    I personally do well and have never used a roboduck. To me it seems like a useless piece of equipment except to help newbies get into the sport.
    Hmm, interesting point of view, I can't wait till I get good at it like you and not have to use one, maybe I can give up my call too? K

i have never used one ,but that is about to change i just got a float and fly combo soon gonna head out to try it.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Hmm, interesting point of view, I can't wait till I get good at it like you and not have to use one, maybe I can give up my call too? K
    Dont be such a loser. If you're going to be a REAL duck hunter, pick up a bow. Guns are for people with tiny junk. Obviously a serious hunter would never use a gun.

I don't even use a decoy unless I've carved it. And I don't even use a knife to carve the decoy!

I also don't use a blind. Of any kind. I have tattooed myself with bamboo tattooing. To a grass pattern.

Anyone who would use any of the above is just an amateur newbie. Obviously.

Btw my wang is so big, it has its own wang, and even that wang is bigger than your wang!
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

i can no longer associate with a a double wang man.freak!!!!!

Sorry Pat. The wang comment was just me being honest.

My wang is so big it has an agent. My wang's people will call your people. Let's have lunch with my wang.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Dont be such a loser. If you're going to be a REAL duck hunter, pick up a bow. Guns are for people with tiny junk. Obviously a serious hunter would never use a gun.

I don't even use a decoy unless I've carved it. And I don't even use a knife to carve the decoy!

I also don't use a blind. Of any kind. I have tattooed myself with bamboo tattooing. To a grass pattern.

Anyone who would use any of the above is just an amateur newbie. Obviously.

Btw my wang is so big, it has its own wang, and even that wang is bigger than your wang!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Quote Originally Posted by yamadirt 426 View Post
    You mean I'd actually have to hide. With ten minutes left on a fowl weather day I stand right beside my robo. Feels like star wars.
    I have actually done this many times... lol and they keep coming and coming... one time around i am walking with robo on my shoulder, a malard flew right at me..

but yeah it would be harder but then again if you can learn how to do basic quack you should be able to bring some ducks in...
    M.Dean
    Real hunters have no friends! Alls we want from you is where you seen the big buck last year! We don't care about your dog or what you do for a living or how you bake a bloody pie from scratch! Where did you see the buck, Buddy! We don't watch Oprah or shower at a 10 day hunting camp, we eat pork and beans with the knife we gut Deer with,we blow our nose with our fingers and the Regs are used for Toilet Paper! Friends, Ha, isn't that a TV show for Girlie Men???

Wow you guys are really sensitive. Sorry to hurt your feelings

I think the OP was asking whether people are relying less on skill and more on the roboducks?

I think they are. Thats my opinion. If you disagree that's totally fine, that's why this is a discussion forum.

Duck calling is an art form that takes people years of practice to get right.(Although you can limit out without one. Pass shooting has been around as long as man could hurl rocks)

It's not the same thing as plugging in an electrical device and loading up. Which I have no issue with, different strokes, different folks

I killed ducks before robo, granted my hunts were longer. I am only a medicore caller as the OP knows. But I have an automatic call I spot Lorne calls . But I reckon mid season bird hunting on a moderately pressured area, it would be a fair amount of work to hunt without a robes as you found out. I think early season or late season it may not be as difficult as birds are either stupid, or over robo'd if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

I'm new to fowl hunting. I have thought about buying one but I'm not into the sport as much as many of you guys. I'm not good at calling but it has worked for me. I got ducks last year and this year while pass shooting, jump shooting and using 6 cheap flamboue (spelling) decoys. I don't think I'll buy a robo anytime soon, I can't justify spending that much on one decoy when I don't always set them up. I started fowl hunting because I have a lab and I love hunting in general. The ducks taste good and my dog loves doing what she was born and bred to do.
    Barnes ttsx, the four pedals of death that lead to great a great BBQ.