Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Crazy rifle hunter in Squamish!

Re: Crazy rifle hunter in Squamish!

You should be able to hunt where ever you like as long as it's legal without interference from anyone. This particular circumstance was unfortunate for you but I can't see it being of anyones fault. Except the deer going to a road hunter instead of the one making the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by BCKyle View Post
    I'd be pretty rattled if I was on either side of this one honestly.
    A.) you're calling in a deer, quiet, trying to stay calm and be ready if you get a shot, and someone shoots right over your shoulder. Holy $&$@!
    B.) you're driving, see a deer, shoot the deer, and suddenly a guy stands up and you realize you just missed shooting some guy in the back by a few feet. Again, holy $&@$!
    He could have at least been more apologetic or concerned. He either made an honest mistake, in which case you'd think he'd be more surprised/freaked out... Or he saw you and blew etiquette to the wind but was confident he wouldn't hit you - dick move. Either way it sucks for you and it's too bad you lost the chance to finish what you started. On the bright side sounds like you have some good leads on better places to try and like you're on your way to calling in a nice one! Best of luck!
    Exactly well put ! Sounds to me, that the shooter new exactly what he was doing & saw the OP before he shot,just by the way he brushed him off as no big deal! Im sure a picture from where the shooter shot & where the OP was hiding would confirm this ! For all of you that say you only focus on the buck & what is behind it & not in front or in the line of fire, give your heads a shake thats just plain dangerous ! I know that if I would have shot over somebody else's head by mistake,that I would have been apologizing profusely & be in shock, because I nearly killed someone ! FG44 get some pictures up ! I for one would like to see them ! I tell all of you now that are saying"no big deal" ! It would have been were FG44 shot ! I can't believe some of these posts that think this is OK & are siding with the shooter, you make it sound like its all in a days hunt !
    Last edited by Spy; 11-24-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    5 or 6 yards now? Originally it was 100 yards back? He musta run up really fast right beside you and started blasting?

CAN YOU READ!!!!!!! Go back and re-read EVERYTHING before you open your mouth, and more shit falls out of your mouth... (5-6 yards to the right, for line of sight to deer from shooter)

Doesnt happen often FG44, just keep on hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahDawg View Post
    Again,

Then I am going to set my drink down, jump out of the truck and blow it away.
    best.
    comment.
    ever.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahDawg View Post
    Again,

If I see a legal buck in a legal area, I am NOT going to take a walk through the clearcut/trees/parking lot and look carefully around and perhaps call out "Hey, any camo'd up guys or girls here before I shoot??"

I am going to look at the animal, behind the animal, and thats it.

Then I am going to set my drink down, jump out of the truck and blow it away.
    As funny as that sounds ! LOL if someone takes the chance and shoots a buck over my head, they will be leaving in the back of a police cruiser LOL & I will make sure they are charged !LOL too funny !

Quote Originally Posted by fishingguy44 View Post
    He brushed it off like no big deal, im not sure what the etiquette is so i didnt want to get to heated. do you guys know of a bow only are on the surrey delta border? i have heard rumor but no proof. would be nice to go after some pheasent aswel but also for deer.
    It's Bow only here in Abbotsford on Sumas Mtn if I'm not mistaken (please correct me if I'm wrong guys). I ride my Bike up there (not a Bowhunter) and there are Deer up there for sure. Sorry to hear about the negitive time out hunting, glad your ok.
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Whatever Yama49. Another internet big tough guy huh? Ever been slapped in the soup hole skippy? Huh have you tough guy? pfffft

Maybe the other guy will post his side of the story? Probably a bit different

Just getting stupid now....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!