Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hixon Deer

Hixon Deer

Just getting back from hunting all day in 7-8 west of hixon (whites landing and further on) saw a lot of deer tracks and wolf tracks but didnt see any deer. Anyone have any success in that area recently?
    Place witty signature here.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hixon Deer

Had a cow moose draw in that area (Mooney) in mid Oct. Hunting was slow but we did harvest a cow and muley buck. No wolf sightings and no sign to speak of, nor had any of the other hunters in there at the same time mentioned any wolf activity.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

buddy and crew spent 3-4 days in there week and a half ago, same thing, good tracks, lots of wolf sign, seen few, shot one small buck, and these guys no how to hunt deer.
    Time waits for no one, Hunt Now!

Were you guys set-up with a home made "cabin type frame"? If so saw your camp and the carcass. Yeah, all the tracks we saw were old, but the wolf tracks were newer, makes me think they got run off by the wolfs. Also saw two carcasses, both left behind but the antlers cut-off and no meat taken, except by the yotes and wolfs. Poachers or maybe someone stumbled on a wolf kill and took the antlers? Should that be reported?

Quote Originally Posted by 416 View Post
    Had a cow moose draw in that area (Mooney) in mid Oct. Hunting was slow but we did harvest a cow and muley buck. No wolf sightings and no sign to speak of, nor had any of the other hunters in there at the same time mentioned any wolf activity.
    Where's Mooney? Same side I was at?

Quote Originally Posted by Sil3n2 View Post
    Were you guys set-up with a home made "cabin type frame"? If so saw your camp and the carcass. Yeah, all the tracks we saw were old, but the wolf tracks were newer, makes me think they got run off by the wolfs. Also saw two carcasses, both left behind but the antlers cut-off and no meat taken, except by the yotes and wolfs. Poachers or maybe someone stumbled on a wolf kill and took the antlers? Should that be reported?
    how do you know it wasn't indians?
    why report something that may be legal?
    unless you saw someone, there's nothing that proves it was poaching.

My daughter and I got a doe near Abhue creek last week. We did not see anything else all day.

Quote Originally Posted by duallie View Post
    how do you know it wasn't indians?
    why report something that may be legal?
    unless you saw someone, there's nothing that proves it was poaching.
    This has to be the dumbest post on this site in a long time. And that is a saying a lot, considering the likes of guys lie Jeff (May his handle rest in peace). At what time is taken the antlers only and leaving the animal to rot legal; native, white, black, pink, purple or other? Your posts are the biggest waste of bandwidth out there. Have you thought of maybe just taking up cross-stitch? Because your understanding of what is legal in hunting is scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    magnums can easily turn your brain to mush,, and there is much evidence of that on the internet !

Times 2! What a moronic post!

Quote Originally Posted by ABad View Post
    My daughter and I got a doe near Abhue creek last week. We did not see anything else all day.
    Congrats on the doe! I believe there are some nice bucks there, and I hope to find one