Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hixon Deer

Re: Hixon Deer

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    You seem to know all the angles ...... From past experience??!!!!.......again how's that foot tasting
    Had me thinking the same thing, I didn't want to say anything, but seems like he's trying to push "not" reporting things one may find. I'm not going to speculate anymore on what he said on this, but makes me think.
    Place witty signature here.

I just came from whites landing today. Walked along the river, went up and down the power lines. There isn't much around there. Seen 2 doe tracks with a buck with them but looked fairly small. I am in search of a white tail. Already got a young non typical 6x5 mule last weekend. Neck was huge, right in the middle of rut.

Any idea's on white tail locations? lol I may go over to vanderhoof tomorrow and sniff around.

RELIGHTING an old thread.My son & I spent a week at Whites Landing.The area had some wolf issues a few years back but we didn't see a single wolf track.Saw good cow/calf numbers as well as plenty of does/fawns.I'm no biologist but feel this area has rebounded nicely from its "Wolfy past"Although we didn't connect the grouse hunting was incredible and we had some cool animal encounters.We also did our part in picking up half a garbage bag of empties along our travels.Maybe next season will bring us an LEH bull tag.Happy Hunting

Use to hunt there years ago. You would see 40 deer a day then the wolves moved in. There was also a bad Tick problem where we saw moose walking around like they were drunk. As per other areas the wolves have moved on and are now doing their thing elsewhere. Mother Nature doing her thing or just way to many wolves.

Wasn’t Hixon one of the places where trophy bucks came out of?

No trophy deer in Hixon, try 100 mile house

Quote Originally Posted by 416 View Post
    Had a cow moose draw in that area (Mooney) in mid Oct. Hunting was slow but we did harvest a cow and muley buck. No wolf sightings and no sign to speak of, nor had any of the other hunters in there at the same time mentioned any wolf activity.
    Funny how things go.. You shoot a cow moose when game is scarce . then post hunting was slow.. When are people gonna figure it out. Populations are down . Why would anyone shoot a cow . Next year its gonna be way slower.. My opinion anyhow.. Yea good eating . But , LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by ABad View Post
    My daughter and I got a doe near Abhue creek last week. We did not see anything else all day.
    Exactly !!! Kill a stupid doe where numbers are down . Then post you never saw anything else.. Was i actually born an asshole . or do I see a trend that some just seam to ignore..
    LOL . Does anyone else on here see it the same as me . or am I just missing something here?

Maybe you are an asshole . Maybe not . But these guys posts were SEVEN years ago . It was alot different even 7 years ago .
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

thats a good point. never noticed the dates.
    LOL .