Thread: Bear BuckMaster BTR Bow?

Bear BuckMaster BTR Bow?

Are Bear BuckMaster BTR bows good bows to start out with?

Link:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...32573917502498

There is one for sale going for $225 (CAD):

Here are the detail taken from the ad:
    ------------------
    This is a BRAND NEW BEAR BUCKMASTER BTR BOW R.H. BILL JORDAN REAL TREE EX-TRA BROWN CAMO. SPECS DRAW LENGHT 28" 29" 30". FACTORY SETTING IS 29". ADJUSTABLE DRAW WEIGHT IS 55 TO 70LBS. New in Box, you get everything you need to get hunting. 2 piece quiver, 3 pin fiber optic sight, Peep Sight, Flipper Arrow Rest, Cat Whisker String Silencers. In addition I will throw in a Trigger Release, 4 New Carbon Express Arrows, with Expandable Broadheads.
    -----------------

What do you think?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear BuckMaster BTR Bow?

I don't know man!! I really wouldn't buy my bow from Walmart!!! certain supplies...ya sure, but definitely not my actual weapon. If cost is your worry, Rick at Peter's Sports has a couple of used bows you should check out. He'll also be able to answer some questions you have.
    It falls down & goes blah

I just phoned peter's sports and they don't have any used compound bows in.

I can see your point about buying a bow from Walmart, but walmart is just a store that sells them. If Walmart started selling hoyt or mathew bows would you stop buying them (or what ever bow you are into).

Quote Originally Posted by dan_plus_o
    I just phoned peter's sports and they don't have any used compound bows in.

I can see your point about buying a bow from Walmart, but walmart is just a store that sells them. If Walmart started selling hoyt or mathew bows would you stop buying them (or what ever bow you are into).
    I think you should ask yourself the question why isn't walmart selling Hoyt or Mathews bows. Sure the bear bows will kill animals but you also get what you pay for. The reason Walmart sells them is because they are the cheapest bows they can find to sell. They sell quantity not always quality.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Are Bear bows and Fred Bear bows different bows? I actually won an ebay auction for a bear buckmaster before I made this post. It is a full package deal, and the bidding wasn't up that high. I bidded on it think about the Fred Bear bows I saw for $300-$400. So I threw a bid on it and ended up winning it.

Here is the bow:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN:IT&ih=012

I reached my paypal spending limit (with out entering bank account info), so I need my mom (its my moms paypal account) to enter her bank account info. I don't know if she will want to do that, so I may not be able to pay for the bow anyways. I didn't even know there was a limit

So, should I try and get out of paying for it? I will ask the seller and tell him about my paypal issue. Or should I just buy the bow? Its going to cost $230 plus any taxes.

Bow Walker Guest

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8657

Check this one out...........save a bit more money and you won't be sorry.

Ask lots of questions, get pictures, and you can always post those pics here and ask opinions.

Dan.

Thats too much for me, and it probably don't come with anything.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dan_plus_o
    Are Bear bows and Fred Bear bows different bows? I actually won an ebay auction for a bear buckmaster before I made this post. It is a full package deal, and the bidding wasn't up that high. I bidded on it think about the Fred Bear bows I saw for $300-$400. So I threw a bid on it and ended up winning it.

Here is the bow:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN:IT&ih=012

I reached my paypal spending limit (with out entering bank account info), so I need my mom (its my moms paypal account) to enter her bank account info. I don't know if she will want to do that, so I may not be able to pay for the bow anyways. I didn't even know there was a limit

So, should Ilikely end up regreting the purchase try and get out of paying for it? I will ask the seller and tell him about my paypal issue. Or should I just buy the bow? Its going to cost $230 plus any taxes.
    dan_plus_o......
    I took the liberty of having a look at the bow. This is just my opinion mind you, but I wouldn't buy it. You will very likely end up regretting the decision and then have to try to unload the bow. Your funds are limited - spend them wisely.

Save your money a bit more. There are lots of deals out there and you can do better.

You probably won't like to read this and I know it is hard to wait, but it will payoff for you in the long run.

Just let the buyer know that because of your limit you are in an Insufficient Funds position - regretfully.

Good luck,
    Dan.

Okay, I sent him a email telling him about my paypal account and I offered to pay the cost to relist it.

Its too easy to bid on ebay and get carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by BowWalker
    I took the liberty of having a look at the bow.
    Did you actually go to walmart to look at it? If so Thanks, and if not, Thanks anyways for posting your opinion.