Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canning ducks!

Re: Canning ducks!

First one and the last one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Per year. Because that's how long it takes for a trial and for them to let u off the hook with no penalties

My granny used to can duck, goose and yes I dare say coot. Not sure how she did it but it turned out great, kinds soft like stewed chicken. Add Mayo, onions and pickle chopped up the best sandwich spread in the world havent thought of that in years.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

There is a chef in Montreal who's signature dishes is duck in a can. The restaurant is called Au Pied de Cochon and his name is Martin Picard. He doesn't use it as a way to preserve the duck but more of a way to cook it and present it at the table in his own style. It is actually quite good but anything with that much Foie Gras packed in it better be.

Nothing wrong with canning a duck for preserving for longer periods of time. I'm a fan of jarring the ducks in their own fat that I've rendered out and seasoned. Cure the legs and put them in whole and cook them slowly(confit). Duck fat, cured duck legs, star anise, small stick of cinnamon, small orange peel and some cracked black pepper will make you one hell of a camp snack if you can smuggle some bread in with ya.

I'm looking for some ideas how to can/ bottle my duck. Usually its canned with onion and pork or onion soup mix and pork.

Good read! Something more to try!

Interesting thread!Gonna give it a go next fall.Well you are still alive LP so you have "Pro Canner"status.

I have been pressure canning goose breasts for years, and never had the good fortune to have enough duck breasts to think about canning them. So............I did a google search and by golly look what I found. Just what I figured - the same as goose (with some personal touches like the "YECK" hot sauce) All good.

Doug
    So many guns, so little time.......

Inspiring thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..