Thread: Out of My Depth Here

Out of My Depth Here

My son has developed an interest in archery over the last couple of years, through summer camps, not me. So, to encourage his new found interest, my wife and I got him an InterNature Bullseye recurve bow and his aunt got him a Trophy Ridge Punisher 3 sight kit for it. I have the sight bolted to the bow, but beyond that, I'm lost. I've no experience in archery beyond high school, which was 25 years ago. I don't know how to set up the sight pins nor how to coach him on developing a proper sight picture. Anyone out there have any suggestions?
    Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. (Job 14:1 KJV)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Out of My Depth Here

You could go in and talk to Dell, he might be able to help out or at least point you in the right direction.

Monashee archers is the club around if you were to get in contact with them I'm sure they would love to help a young guy out.

Does the Vernon Rod and Gun Club have an archery section. That would be a good place to seek help from in the local area.
    In the meantime, he will have to shoot bare-bow, however, you will need to establish a nockpoint on the string. An internet search will help you with that. You do not need to have a crimp-on nockpoint, you can use a heavy thread (carpet thread) and wind it around the string where you think the nockpoint should be. A bow square would help in determining where that will be. You could use a carpenters square, but that is pretty cumbersome.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"