Thread: Youth bows...any suggestions?

Youth bows...any suggestions?

I want to get my seven year old son a new bow and need some suggestions about which make/model would be the best. Ideally I'd like to get him one that will grow with him for a few years.
    thanks for your help

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Youth bows...any suggestions?

Diamond Razor lots of draw length and weight adjustments

Bear outbreak. It is adjustable for I think 15-70 pounds with lots of draw adjustments. You can adjust it without a bow press too which is great. My little brother shoots it but so does my dad. It's a pretty good started bow he can grow with. Check it out on Cabelas. It is a little bit on the expensive end of beginner bows. http://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?page...=2119&ID=40081
    "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy"
    -Billy Currington

Quote Originally Posted by 303Brit View Post
    Well if it quacks like a duck and flies like a duck, But smells like a fish, then its a fish
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by one-shot-wonder View Post
    typical left wing Commy Bull$hit!

Hey jackson13 , your son is seven and as such is only interested in launching arrows and the simpicity of a small recurve or longbow should be considered . With ANY kids bows the
    weight and lenght of the arrows is critical . The heavy weight and lenght combined with the low poundage results in a slow lobbing of the arrow which causes most misses and can be a turn off to the youngster . They love the hits as much as the adults . With a kids compound bow it is almost if not possible to properly spine the arrows for good flight because of the excessive movement of the string around their fingers on release .
    Just some things to consider ....
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC