Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selecting decoys

Re: Selecting decoys

As for dealing with variety, pick whatever appeals to you in both look and cost. We like GreenHeadGear decoys. For geese we hunt over GHG FFD honker fullbodies as I find geese hate anything that shines, and we tend to goose hunt in fair weather so it makes sense.... For ducks we hunt over GHG Life-Size mallard and widgeon floaters... Paint durability isnt the best it seems with GHG deeks, but we have slotted bags for everything and all the deeks still look brand new years later.

HTH

Longshot jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    build your own, right Ian? Trying to save money.....
    Well I was thinking he could order a rig from me, but pretty sure he wants to be hunting soon....you need to get back to work on your rig

Ian

ghg full body pro mallards look and move so realistic it would fool even hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    As for dealing with variety, pick whatever appeals to you in both look and cost. We like GreenHeadGear decoys. For geese we hunt over GHG FFD honker fullbodies as I find geese hate anything that shines, and we tend to goose hunt in fair weather so it makes sense.... For ducks we hunt over GHG Life-Size mallard and widgeon floaters... Paint durability isnt the best it seems with GHG deeks, but we have slotted bags for everything and all the deeks still look brand new years later.

HTH

Longshot jr.
    I hunt over ffd lessers. However, lots of geese were killed prior to fully flocked dekes. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    I hunt over ffd lessers. However, lots of geese were killed prior to fully flocked dekes. lol
    Well obviously, but FFD is just too cool, haha (:

GHG all the way. My secret weapon is a half dozen early season teal floating a couple feet from a pair of tanglefree swans. I don't even get passes anymore, they just scream right into the spread feet down. Pic is my pack-in spread. Two feeder teal, four drake wig on a jerkline, two hen mallards and the swans. Shot 12 birds in a half hour over this spread.

... pm sent ....

I just bought a doz. Storm fronts at the tulalip store for $25. I should have bought two, but just getting back into duck hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticRed View Post
    GHG all the way. My secret weapon is a half dozen early season teal floating a couple feet from a pair of tanglefree swans. I don't even get passes anymore, they just scream right into the spread feet down. Pic is my pack-in spread. Two feeder teal, four drake wig on a jerkline, two hen mallards and the swans. Shot 12 birds in a half hour over this spread.
    Wow, what a pic, what province is that? Thanks K

That is a nice photograph--