Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

Re: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

Nicely done. On your passion, preparation, pursuit, persistence and patience to re-tell the story. Congratulations on a very successful year. I'm sure you learned a ton.

Re: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

Great job, Great hunting and Awesome story. Totally worth following along, congratulations.
    "It's not a sport, it's a way of life. Enjoy every moment and every moment is a reward. Taking an animal is the objective but pleasure is found in the entire experience." - J_T

Well done
    Well written
    Well earned
    Well THANKS for the ride, awesome season

Absolutely awesome!!! What a great thread and great story to take us along on!! I couldn't stop reading and wanted to read more and more.......was eagerly checking in on this one waiting for the final chapter!!

Huge congrats on your season and a great story told with AWESOME pictures and video that completely capture the moment!!!

Thanks for bringing us along on your adventure of a life time!!!!

Great story, picts and animals!! love the late season sheep, my fav time to hunt them was late Sept/early Oct.

Congrats on your experience and success!!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    LOL! Only when ON the Minesite Wild One! Took my very first Ram there well above the mine (did a fair amount of Habitat Work there - fish related - back in the day...) and they were anything BUT "un spooky"!!

Great Report, Awesome Pix! And Man! My own feet actually HURT looking at that picture!!

Cheers!
    Nog

I believe you. I've heard so many stories, good and bad, of hunting around the mine. It can be tough and a challenge since they apparently know where the mine limits are. When I lived in Alberta I was a couple years away to try a multi species hunt in that part of the province. Not only the sheep are amazing but the mule deer and elk hunting can be something I'm told.
    Shoot straight or eat track soup.

Is this not everyones dream hunt!? Congrats on the success!!

What an epic story! Inspiration for lots of us I'm sure!

Quote Originally Posted by moose2 View Post
    YA HOO
    Way to go Mik I was waiting for this. Congratulations on a couple great trophies and your thread was fun to read and view. It was good to hear that you felt the moose call worked for the bear. I have called in more than a few over the years while trying for moose. It is always worth a try, and sometimes you get a moose to come in as well. lol. Great call on the ram it looks like a nice one to count. I was wondering what the base and length measurements were if you don't mind. PM me next time your up this way and we will grab a coffee. Are you dealing with the same taxi who did your black bears.
    Mike
    Thanks big time again Mike.

I measured the right horn at 32 4/8 x 13 7/8 and the left horn at 33 5/8 x 13 7/8. The left horn on the CI sheet is 13 4/8 x 34 6/8. A ram with good mass and I’m a very happy hunter. The animals are a bonus to any hunting adventure but I won’t deny it’s more fun coming back home after connecting.

I'll send you a pm for sure next time I'm in FSJ. I have some exams to write up there in the coming months so will make it happen. I'm not sure yet which taxi I'll go with. I'm really considering one in the Edmonton area who specialize in full mounts, he's seriously the top and his work in incredibly amazing. I talked to him few days ago and he said his favourite jobs are full size grizzly bear. He also really likes sheep so I might go with him for both mounts.
    Shoot straight or eat track soup.

What an amazing hunt!! Thank you so much for taking the time to produce such an exciting accounting of your adventure. It's not often than someone takes two of North America's premier species in their life, let alone on one hunt. You're one hell of a hunter - congratulations
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever