Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

Re: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

Great story so far!

Re: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

Well done man...looking forward to the rest...tough stuff!

Thank you for the great read.

Awesome adventure.....look forward to the rest.

hmm great read..have the same tent awesone and light and extremelly durable and the same stove...like your gear selkection..

cheers
    Steven

Great thread so far!
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

September was elk and moose hunting time. I started to scout the area I wanted to hunt early in the spring and made 2 salt licks at good locations and found a natural lick deep in a valley in early summer so I loaded it of salt. As the summer progressed the cameras were taking more and more pictures since the activity at the licks increased constantly. The area it self is loaded with cow elk and few spiker bull with no real bull was seen or taken on camera. I had hi hopes of finding a great bull in the rut with the amount of cows present in the area.

The area also holds a good population of cow moose and a fair amount of bulls too. Early summer I bumped in a very nice bull that had very good potential, he already had great palms with over a month and a half of growth left. To my disappointment the deer population isn’t that good.

Here’s a bunch of video and photos of my trail cameras over the summer

Shoot straight or eat track soup.

This is a nice and big bear

My main lick it was a success from day one. I lost count of how much salt I haul there.

A potential bull moose with an other nice one in some pics and some other random bulls