Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

Re: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

Hey....did your ram pass on the jig for horn curl on the long side? looked close to me........

Re: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

hey call of the wild. just wondering if you were trying to buy a guide territory in the kootneys last season? im pretty sure we were there together guiding... looks like you had a awesome season looking forward to more pics. ill post some of my pics after the season is over two more days. had a good year this year but dont think anyone beats yours congrads

Quote Originally Posted by budismyhorse View Post
    Hey....did your ram pass on the jig for horn curl on the long side? looked close to me........

No it didn’t pass the jig, I don’t have the measurements but from I remember it’s about ½ or ¾ short on the long side and 1¼ on the short side.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK BOTTOM View Post
    hey call of the wild. just wondering if you were trying to buy a guide territory in the kootneys last season? im pretty sure we were there together guiding... looks like you had a awesome season looking forward to more pics. ill post some of my pics after the season is over two more days. had a good year this year but dont think anyone beats yours congrads
    No that wasn’t me Rock Bottom. I did have an interest to get into the business but after some serious thinking I decided to pursue my current career for various reasons. Thanks for the good words and I’d be glad to see your pictures that’s what this forum is all about, for me it’s not a competition but simply a way to share my hunting trips and read other stories for motivation and learn when it’s possible.
    Shoot straight or eat track soup.

Thats an EPIC hunt man!!! Thanks for the story and pics.Awesome animals and country.The best hunt i was ever on was my sheep hunt.

There is no doubt this man is a dedicated hunter and spends a large part if not all his time planning and orchestrating his time in the wilderness. My hat is off to you in this regard. I must admit I am somewhat troubled by the recount of his encounter with the wolves on his northern backpack trip. I am of the opinions predators need to be controlled particularily in areas where ungulates are susceptable to hunter harvest, however I took exception to the turn of events that were described. I reread the post a few times to give the poster the benefit of the doubt but frankly was not impressed his unconcerned attitude towards wounding game and the lack of attempts at trying to put down animals that were clearly seriously wounded. I am also surprised at the posts from others who were congratulatory and full of praise without a mention of his actions which in my mind were irresponsible. Would this hunter have acted this way with other species by failing to do all he could to kill an animals before focusing on killing others and risking them suffer a slow death. Wolves are taking a bad rap lately especially due to their dramatic increase in numbers and the affects it is having on ungulate populations but lets not lose sight of who were are and ensure that any animal we chose to harvest is put down in the most humane way possible. We owe it the wildlife and we owe it to our selves and we owe it to society who looks upon us frequently with a jaded eye. Don't get me wrong. I am a die hard hunter but also feel we have a responsibility....am I the only one who feels this way?
    "AIM SMALL...MISS SMALL"

Had to bump this one amazing read .. Wow ....fu$king congrats !!