Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

Re: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

That was an awesome read! Thanks for posting. Congrats on your success. That grizzly sure must have got the blood flowing, good for you for doing the full mount!

Re: Realising the hunting season of my dream: sheep, grizzly, elk, moose (heavy pics)

You've had a season of a lifetime! Congrats and I'm jealous. Was everything other then the elk done solo? I was too caught up in reading your exploits to notice that. Again, congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    magnums can easily turn your brain to mush,, and there is much evidence of that on the internet !

speechless man! great work beauty animals!

Great thread and photos.....what a hunt, and fall for that matter!! Congrats, thanks for posting!!!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

First of all congratulations on an Epic hunt. The Pictures were amazing, the story was great. thanks for sharing.
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

great job this got me sooo excited to go deer hunting this weekend! ive put time in i just need more and this was sooo encouraging! thanks

tanker
    life's to short to shoot a shitty gun

WOW!!!! Sure glad I was able to catch the October chapter. Had been watching for it. EPIC? This thread goes beyond that. Congrats on reliving your 2012 season with us. Kudo's on harvesting your 1st ram ... and solo to boot. You've done your homework. The grizzly ... well you almost got me talking french after that adventure. Nerves of steel man.

btw - My new son in-law is French, as well as his 1 hunting brother in New Brunswick. I'm gonna send a link of this thread for his bro to read. I'm sure he'll enjoy your French enthusiasm.

Again 'tip of the hat to you.'

Thanks everyone for the generous comments. I wrote a long detailed story with many pictures hoping it would help out to pass the long winter wait that’s just starting until next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind View Post
    You've had a season of a lifetime! Congrats and I'm jealous. Was everything other then the elk done solo? I was too caught up in reading your exploits to notice that. Again, congrats!

Both mountain trip were solo, for the elk hunt in Alberta we were three and some days elk and moose in BC I was with a farmer friend. Next week I’m going whitetail hunting with my good buddy that was supposed to come in August in Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshtracks View Post
    WOW!!!! Sure glad I was able to catch the October chapter. Had been watching for it. EPIC? This thread goes beyond that. Congrats on reliving your 2012 season with us. Kudo's on harvesting your 1st ram ... and solo to boot. You've done your homework. The grizzly... well you almost got me talking french after that adventure. Nerves of steel man.

btw - My new son in-law is French, as well as his 1 hunting brother in New Brunswick. I'm gonna send a link of this thread for his bro to read. I'm sure he'll enjoy your French enthusiasm.

Again 'tip of the hat to you.'

Oh boy the French is in your family now!! Remember if you want to shut him up, tie his hands. hahaha
    Last edited by Call of the Wild; 11-09-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Great thread you had an amazing hunting season. Congrats and thanks for the good read it makes us poor bast...ds that have to work out of Province this fall feel home sick....

wow wow wow..........not a lot of dudes out there would attempt a season like that going solo in those conditions! Great job and thanks for the thread. what do you do for an encore? lol