Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GMRS Now Legal In Canada

Re: GMRS Now Legal In Canada

As far as i know, your SUPPOSED to have a licence to use GMRS. CB radio was the same and no one i knew ever had a licence.

i got an operators certifacte to use ham radios...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I got restricted radio operators certificate From Search and Rescue but have not used it
    Hunt with your eyes...save your legs for draggin....

huntersdad that might be what i got to..i got mine through P.E.P and E.S.S...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Hey 3kills

I think it was issued by "Industry Canada."

Hey 3kills

I got mine from "Industry Canada"

i just found and checked mine and it is a radio operators certificate from percs and pep... percs being provincial emergency radio communiccations service...

Liscences are required for some (most) bands on VHF and UHF. CB, FRS and GMRS are open to all users without restriction.
    Hey Zedex, thanks for the heads-up on the Garmin upgrade....now there goes another dream of getting new kit. Jeez, I feel like I'm workin for the Military.
    If you see it, you can hit it!

Talking Re: GMRS Now Legal In Canada

I have used the midland gmrs 4 watts (from the US) for about 8 months. they are great. the range is 12 miles claimed. I have got that on mountain tops. Throw those old frs to the kids, there is no comparison.

cheers

I will be purchasing some new radios and am looking to the 2 watt models. Only
    good for 7 miles and that is under perfect conditions but will be good enough for us having gotten by with the frs radios.The reason for the 2 watters is that they take double or triple a batteries.If you have to use them a lot 2 watt output is much easier on batteries when used a lot.Also you can throw a handfull of batteries in your pocket.Most of the other higher power radios have
    a power pack for a battery and to carry a spare is quite expensive and a problem keeping them charged up.Radio is not much goog in the bush with a
    dead battery and the more you transmit the quicker they die.