Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GMRS Now Legal In Canada

GMRS Now Legal In Canada

Hey fella's...GMRS is now available for use in Canada! And Bell is selling Motorola portables with a 14km range. All's I can say is aww hell, I got my Rhino GPS last year with the gmrs radio channels omitted. Ah well, was thinkin' about upgrading anyways ...

2. Site Sponsor

I've got a pair of Cobra's that were bought in the States last year. They are great, much better range than my old FRS radios.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

bone-collector Guest
    have vhf and towertell as well as telus mobile good for 40+ miles

Thumbs up Re: GMRS Now Legal In Canada

Well I just picked up a set of the GMRS motorola T5920 at crappy tire with a range of 8 km . It's got NOAA weather channels but I'm not sure what good it will be for us up in Canada. Anyone got any clue if it's any good for Canada?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortmen...rtment=primary
    Last edited by Marc; 10-30-2004 at 11:15 PM.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Re: GMRS Now Legal In Canada

Neat! I run a vhf simplex system with my own frequency, but the problem is l only have a couple of hand helds which are good for two people, but not for keeping in touch with a group. Range varies with terrain.........have chatted on my base set with a faller/buncher rig that we both figured was in excess of 100 miles, (Vernon- Mt. Logan, Kamloops area i think ??) but the average is 20-30 miles here in the Okanagan cause of our hills. The other hassle is vhf channels are controlled frequencies, unless using provincial channels, so running my frequency outside of my home territoritory while out hunting, can result in hassles from others who run the same frequency.
    Have been looking at the units everyone else uses, AND Christmas is coming!........
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJack
    Hey fella's...GMRS is now available for use in Canada! And Bell is selling Motorola portables with a 14km range. All's I can say is aww hell, I got my Rhino GPS last year with the gmrs radio channels omitted. Ah well, was thinkin' about upgrading anyways ...
    Go to the garmin website and update your software on your RINO. Viola. You now have GMRS. Just d/l the software and upload it to your GPS.
    Last edited by zedex; 03-09-2005 at 10:32 PM.

most time we just take our marine vhf radios out of our boats and put em in the truck. Good for about 30 km. But i did buy the new radios good for 13km. They seem to work pretty good. Oh yah! It's illegal to use the marine radios in your truck but what the hey, when you gotta talk ya gotta talk.

I bought a pair of used handheld Motorola VHS Radius P200's off Ebay last year and was gonna try and match channels with houndogger. I got 1 needs a battery. Dang battery is gonna cost more than the 2 radios cost me. But they have good range. One of the sawmills doesn't like me when I use them but like Elkster says when ya gotta talk ya gotta talk.

=keith=

midland gtx400 vp4 advertising a range of 12 miles...not kms...MILES!! Time to go shopping...

hey

Which radios do you have to have a licence for?
    i cant remember?
    Hunt with your eyes...save your legs for draggin....