Thread: what a great day!

what a great day!

I went out bowhunting today, trying to get my whitey. -12, 18 inches of powder snow, blue sky sun shining. First deer i see nice 4 point mulie, runs right in front of the truck! Seen a buch more does, go for a hike, not 3 minutes and im looking at a nice 4 point whitey (75 Yards). tried to stalk him but he bailed, i went in his general direction (not tracking) 1/2 hour later i see a whitey doe just feeding, 70 yards. Sure enough (i think) the same buck is sniffing her, then he turns and starts walking straight towards me. long story short i got the 50 yard broadside shot i wanted, but the "ptoing" of my bow string spooked him and he actually dodged my arrow, the shot was perfect, but he was too fast . After that i seen a 3 point mulie hot on 4 does (20 yards from the truck). So i go to check my t-cam, as theres always whiteys there, Not 3 minutes into my hike (this is the best part of my day) I see a mulie doe walk out in front of me being followed by the "what to do" buck. Most of you remember that thread, the nice wide 4 point pic my t-cam took! I was so happy to see he didnt get killed in the rifle season, and where hes hanging, i doubt anyone will bow him this year! hes huge bodied, huge neck, and his rack looked very impressive as he walked away from me at 50 yards! He'll be an awesome buck next year!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

2. Site Sponsor

WoodOx Guest

Re: what a great day!

Congrats mark - dont have to harvest to have a sucessful hunt. Sounds like you have a great mule/whitetail area where u can see em both!

I also see you like to bow hunt on foot like myself - makes it tougher but not so boring!

Snow camo?

That's a Buck Filled Day for sure, Excellent

wicked- sounds like quite the honey hole u got there, better keep that on the dont tell....hopefully be seein pix of the wide mulie u seen next year except a lil bit bigger...

Snow camo? yes for sure! i told my buddy (who is a rookie) where to go today, he went quadding for 3 hours and saw 5 bucks, 1 big one he claims, but had no shot on them! im heading back tomorrow hopping for a good whitey but ill pack my camcorder for all the nice mulies!

WoodOx Guest

still waiting to see that camcorder video of the last huge mulie.... ;D

You guys are sure lucky during this time, I'd love to be able to go out after work etc and be places where deer actually exist, trying to find a blacktail in the harrison area is like trying to find a grain of sand in buckwheats hair!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Agauger, i dont know how to upload it to my computer, or post it. ive tried a few times. Sure wished I was packing the cam today! maybe tomorrow ill see some beauties!

Talking Re: what a great day!

Well done mark ,something to look forwards to next years hunt ,now if only i was there . hunter 1947.

sounds like a good day.my work has been shut down all week,so i've been out chasing mulies.seeing a ton of deer.this is my second year with the bow,and it is such a rush.just a thought for ya mark,when hunting the whities,find a good trail,set up a tree stand or ground blind,even during rifle season,usually works good.