Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever sold a rifle and regret it to this day?

Re: Have you ever sold a rifle and regret it to this day?

YES!
    but it give me an excuse to start another rifle project

I had a beautiful winchester over under 12 gauge. I got it second hand, and it was the first gun I ever owned. I still miss it.
    Team Goldbond Administrative Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Kechika
    Thats very good advice and what I'm in the process of doing.Trying to narrow it down to 4 good ones
    I'm not tooooo old (3

But, I've learned a bit of stuff.....

I think a 'battery" shoudl reflect perfect exaples of what the person likes to do.

For example if the guy hunts coyotes, big game and grizzlies, it shoudl be somehting like:

30-06

And Ľou can mix and match this anyway you want..the 223 can be a 22-250, the 30-06 aq 7-08 ot a 300WM, and the 338 a 35Whelen or a 416Rm..whatevcer...

Point is, owning half a dozen "general purpose" rifles like 270/30-06/303/308 etc is pointelss...

Might as well own ONE PERFECT rifle, wiht PERFECT optics than a bunch of middle of the road guns, with cheap optis...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

k-1 i have a sako finnbear deluxe .338 with a leopold vx2 3x9x40, would never sell it but there is the exact same stock in granlunds in campbell river for $300
    .338 sako finnbear deluxe
    .270 WSM tikka T3 lite
    stevens 16g boomstick
    .22 cooey

I sold a 22 browning semie auto matic that split apart at the action ,you would load it from the end of the stalk ,big misstake selling this gun ,wish i had it back hunter 1947.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-01-2006 at 05:48 PM.

I sold a rifle to buy a bow. I don't regret selling the rifle but I do regret buying the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit
    Never sold a gun yet... thinking about selling my Weatherby 300 Mark V but only to finance a Weatherby 300 Ultralight. Anyone wanna trade?

I still have a Wingmaster in 16 G that I got for my 15th birthday, have my dear old dad's pride and joy 1950 Model 70 Featherlite. No one to hand them down to as my daughter doesn't want them... Franko Manini wants me to adopt him for this purpose! He would need to sign a contract to come change my diapers and bring me venison when the time comes though!
    Venison sure... Diapers? I think not.

No regrets in our house as Mr. Farside won't sell a gun so nuttin to regret.

I personally would like him to give 1 rifle and 1 shotgun to our nephew once he completes his POL. The young man needs them as he has 3 growing boys to feed.
    Do not mess with nature...... as you are small AND biodegradable

The countryside is a soggy sort of place where animals and birds wander around uncooked!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947
    I sold a 22 browning semie auto matic that split apart at the action ,you would load it from the end of the stalk ,big misstake eelling this gun ,wish i had it back hunter 1947.

Is that the one that ejects/cocks out the bottom? My buddy just picked up a really nice used one. He has a little suitcase for it broken down. We have put around 2000 rounds through it since he got it. It is an excellent gun, and has yet to jam up, even using bulk ammo. This one can be loaded from the end of the stock, or from a hole in the side of the butt.
    Blacktail Nut

Yes ,the one i had ejected the cartriges out the bottom of the action ,dam i wish i still had it. hunter 1947.