Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever sold a rifle and regret it to this day?

Re: Have you ever sold a rifle and regret it to this day?

Quote Originally Posted by Strait'n'flat'n'long
    I have never sold a rifle, but I am about to hand down my first rifle to my son. Nothing special by most standards, but it should be as special to my son as it was to me. It's a Marlin 30-30 that I got when I was fourteen
    s.f.l.i am about to hand down my 270 rem to my 15yr old son,i got it for my 12th birthday from my dad ,he took his first buck with it this fall. hope he enjoys it as much as i did,its been my pride and joy for 32 yrs,hopefully he can pass it down to his kids one day.
    Midnight toker

Yes a custom barreled M700 in 338 (L/H) but i don't regret it anymore cause i was able to buy it back and now it wears a Mcmilan.

Never sold a gun yet... thinking about selling my Weatherby 300 Mark V but only to finance a Weatherby 300 Ultralight. Anyone wanna trade?

I still have a Wingmaster in 16 G that I got for my 15th birthday, have my dear old dad's pride and joy 1950 Model 70 Featherlite. No one to hand them down to as my daughter doesn't want them... Franko Manini wants me to adopt him for this purpose! He would need to sign a contract to come change my diapers and bring me venison when the time comes though!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Rem 700 (and I'm not a Remington guy) custom 26" stainless Hart bbl in .280 Rem.

Started out as a 700 Sportsman in 30/06, I machined out the lettering on the action and installed a brass plate that I had engraved with "Custom 700" then I stocked it with a Beautiful piece of fiddleback walnut, rosewood tip and gripcap and installed a Pachmyr decellerator.

It would shoot about 5/8" groups all day long but my BSA 7mag will put 5 in a .35 cal hole and I was afraid to damage it because it was so pretty.. Would love to have it back
    --------------------------------------------
    "If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting." Aristotle
    --------------------------------------------
    United Bowhunters of BC (Lifer)
    Backcountry Horsemen of BC.

When I was 18 I bought an old husquavarna 6.5x55 swed and got a sportorized stock put on it and toped with a 4 point bushenell banner scope with the iluminated dot. About 10 years later I bought a remington pump in 270 win and figured I could only hunt with one rifle at the time so I had no use for the second rifle so I ended up selling the 6.5x55 for $125. I've regreted this ever since. I might get a new one eventually.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Never regreted selling any, but I have bought a few that I shouldn't have. There's a few I'll miss but I'm always lookng for replacements!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Never, ever regretted a firearm sale.

The guns that I have sold didn't serve much of a purpose for me anymore, so off they went. I used to have about 50-60 guns, I've been paring it down steadily to guns that I use alot. Most of the guns that I stil have, but dont use, are sentimental..and not worth that much anyway...

I dont' sell lightly, and I never had needed to sell a gun because I had to make a car payment or something, so when it's time to go, they go.

I think more peopel should pick a few favorites, unload the rest, buy ammo and good optics, and practice, rahter thna have a bunch of 303/30-30/30-06/270/308/300Wm rifles, that all do similar things, and are topped with crappy scopes etc...

I've heard many times" No way I can afford a custom rifle with good optics, sure woudl be nice" Meanwhile, they havea dozen rifles with tasco and bushnell scopes that "they woudl never part wiht" but none are perfect...annd they will keep buying them, always chasing that perfect gun...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse

I think more peopel should pick a few favorites, unload the rest, buy ammo and good optics, and practice, rahter thna have a bunch of 303/30-30/30-06/270/308/300Wm rifles, that all do similar things, and are topped with crappy scopes etc...

I've heard many times" No way I can afford a custom rifle with good optics, sure woudl be nice" Meanwhile, they havea dozen rifles with tasco and bushnell scopes that "they woudl never part wiht" but none are perfect...annd they will keep buying them, always chasing that perfect gun...
    Thats very good advice and what I'm in the process of doing.Trying to narrow it down to 4 good ones
    "ETCOOMS"

No but thinking about selling but gut says no, I have 1 featherlight gun thats 4 years old, fired 1/2 box of shells, top of the line scope, and don't even touch it, you figure to sell it but waiting for the kids to grow older to hopefully get into it, but in turn, I can just buy one or two later, if anyone has a 338 ULTRA mag or 30-378 weatherby for sale or trade, let me know, I have some pretty nice trades as well.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

i got my very first gun this year-a mauser m03 308.win.. it has a simmons 3-9X40 scope..it isnt bad..but i wanna upgrade to a winchester 7mm rem mag with a synthetic stock..i wanna put on a bushnell elite 4200 scope on it..but gotta save up for a bit,,but that would be my life long gun..wouldnt ever sell my very first gun.