Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever sold a rifle and regret it to this day?

Have you ever sold a rifle and regret it to this day?

When I was a young kid one of my fathers hunters gave me his beautiful 270 Weatherby magnum with a leupold scope,about 6 years later I sold this rifle for a bargain basement price so I could buy a ticket to Mexico,I have regreted it ever since .Have any of you guys sold a rifle and now deeply miss it ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Have you ever sold a rifle and regret it to this day?

Every rifle I have ever sold.
    Ones that really stand out:

Sako A2 action, MCM 30" 1 in 12 twist palma barrel on a Paul Reuban stock. Sold it to finance another rifle build.

Cooey .22- The first rifle I ever bought with my own money. Sold it to finance nothing useful.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

no, but i did run over my first shot gun with he truck.

I have never sold a rifle, but I am about to hand down my first rifle to my son. Nothing special by most standards, but it should be as special to my son as it was to me. It's a Marlin 30-30 that I got when I was fourteen

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

I usually don't part with them...actually aside from a pellet gun, I have never sold a gun to anyone
    Blacktail Nut

The 'Hummer' Guest

Rifles, shotguns and handguns!!! In almost all cases, I've repurchased the same as what I have sold. Just a few that come to mind, 6" Colt Python, 10ga AYA, model 70 .300wm, model 70 feather weight 7x57, 4" model 29 and a Brno combo 7x57/12ga.

I once said Id never sell a rifle. That was a few years ago and almost two dozen rifles have come and gone. Biggest standout is a custom 25-284 on a 700 action that would put 110 gr Accubonds into .3's if I did my part. But it did nothing my custom 260 remington didnt, so it went to someone who could use it more than I could.

I currently have only three centerfires. but I use them more and get more joy out of them than I got out of a dozen rifles, some of which might only see the range a couple times a year.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Yes!!!!! I had a Sako Finnbear Deluxe, 7mm Rem. Mag.-Leupold VX-2,
    3-9 40mm. Sold it for $650.00. And have been shaking my head saying "Stupid,Stupid,Stupid" ever since.
    "Hunting" is selective harvesting of organically grown, free ranging meat, achieved by placing a good bullet in a vital spot. !!!

Talking Re: Have you ever sold a rifle and regret it to this day?

I've sold FAR too many and I actually Cry everytime I think about it.... Thanks....

I have sold numerous guns that I regret. 1) a colt 45 gold cup, 2) Browning Citori trap, 3) Husky .270 worst of all my Browning BT 99. I don't have enough tears to shed.
    GOOD FRIENDS TO HUNT WITH, FRESH AIR TO BREATH, THE B.C. OUTDOORS, BIG GAME AND BROADHEADS, WHAT A LIFE. MAY THE DESTINATION OF YOUR PROJECTILES REACH YOUR DESIRED POINT AND YOUR NEXT HARVEST BEST YOUR BEST TO DATE.