Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'gutless skinning' for ducks

Re: 'gutless skinning' for ducks

I use latex medical gloves to breast ducks because they give me a good grip on the skin to part it. With the duck's feet toward you, put both hands at the top of the breast bone with the thumbs touching. Pinch the skin with thumbs and index fingers and pull apart sideways at the same time. You can work your way toward the tail until you reach the end of the breast and then push the skin down along each side to expose the full breast. Then it is just a matter of filleting the meat off the breast bone.
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

I skin my ducks... does not that take long and then i will keep the breast, legs, heart, liver lol honestly i do not know how to cook at all... so my mom or my wife will make duck curry, they will save all the hearts and livers and saute them when they have just enough. Ducks are good eating
    M.Dean
    Real hunters have no friends! Alls we want from you is where you seen the big buck last year! We don't care about your dog or what you do for a living or how you bake a bloody pie from scratch! Where did you see the buck, Buddy! We don't watch Oprah or shower at a 10 day hunting camp, we eat pork and beans with the knife we gut Deer with,we blow our nose with our fingers and the Regs are used for Toilet Paper! Friends, Ha, isn't that a TV show for Girlie Men???

- works very well!
    In addition to breasts and legs and I also keep heart, liver and gizzard

Is like to see you do that with a duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by blindman View Post
    I use latex medical gloves to breast ducks because they give me a good grip on the skin to part it. With the duck's feet toward you, put both hands at the top of the breast bone with the thumbs touching. Pinch the skin with thumbs and index fingers and pull apart sideways at the same time. You can work your way toward the tail until you reach the end of the breast and then push the skin down along each side to expose the full breast. Then it is just a matter of filleting the meat off the breast bone.
    Delta waterfowl has a great video on the same method your talking about.
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

I tried doing a duck like a grouse. It don't work.

Imagine some poor sap trying the "grouse method" on a Canada goose...now thats some funny stuff!!

i pluck the breast area then cut down the middle to take both breasts off with skin still attached then peel back the skin around the leggs and cut them off then debone the meat from the leggs and freeze it for soups and stews, then i take the breasts and either freeze them if i dont have enough or i put them in the smoker till cooked cool them and slice them up like ham and use it in sandwiches and cold meat with cheese and crackers