Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2012

Re: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2012

Great pictures Steve! I love the one of the buck standing staring at you in the snow! Fuels my fire for sure.

Nice avatar Steve... 2 horses arses in 1 picture

Just kidding looking forward to this thread getting good and interesting... Your vids are awesome...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Nice avatar Steve... 2 horses arses in 1 picture

Just kidding looking forward to this thread getting good and interesting... Your vids are awesome...
    haha....the ass on the bottom is my 3 yr old pure bred Canadien , had him planted as a little 'seed' three yrs ago and the pic is my first time on him...never bucked . Pretty cool feeling though !

Hey Proguide, did you sweep your vehicles for tracking devices yet?

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    I'm not worried about spooking them. All I am looking for is ONE pic of the 'right' deer......then its 'ON' He could never walk by a cam again but I dont care cause I know hes alive now and then its time to put the puzzle together. You cant 'pattern' a true trophy blacktail ( might if you have one feeding on crops) , one pic is all a guy needs...after that the cam wont do shit for you in harvesting one.
    I use 3 pic bursts so I have a better chance of a clear shot on a brute. I like to leave my cams out for a month or two as well so I dont have it on video as I'm thinking it kills the battery faster.
    Makes sense. From what I've noticed deer continue travelling on a trail after I've set up a trail camera but once they've walked past it once they avoid walking past it again and other deer avoid that spot as well. I'll see if things change this year as I've got 4 cams out right now (1 right near a spot where a lion killed 2 bucks last week) and another 6 on there way, hopefully have them up this weekend! Looking forward to seeing more pics on this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by harbinger View Post
    Hey Proguide, did you sweep your vehicles for tracking devices yet?
    Nah , I dont use my truck for hunting anymore ,I just leave it where I want all you guys to go !!

Maybe you could coax this guy off my front lawn! I pray he drops dead of a jammer in front of my garage!

Oh, so they have internet on computers now!

I've been up the hillsides that I hunt a few times now but have been so busy working I can only score a couple hours here and there I have not seen a single rub or large track actually tracks are far and few between this year.

I have finally started seeing a few does though and this last Sunday morning is the first time I saw that the does were out by themselves instead of being in pairs.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Hey rubberknot that is a cool lookin rack on that front lawn buck!

Those urban antlers are cool ! All you guys who ake those pics in the yards , doesnt anyhone find their sheds anywhere?? You would think they would be 'somewhere' ?? in the garden er something?