Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2012

Re: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2012

good luck steve, can't wait to see the vids

Trail cams going up this weekend into a new area I hiked into last week. Lots of sign and saw the biggest blacktail tracks I have ever seen, track looked like a friggen mule deer. Hopefully get some pictures soon of this old bugger. Good luck to everyone.

Trekker

Sweet...! THATS my favorite clue to Mr.BIG- huuuge tracks. They can hide all their lioves but they cant hide their tracks ! Thats the clue wich lead me to my two biggest bucks , their feet ! There was none like em ever seen by me!
    Good luck Trekker !

I'm headin out in a couple weeks to my hot spot for some pre/rut action! Looking forward to some BT killin pics from you as per usual, good luck!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Here is a picture I took in the begining of March IIRC. I was timber cruising, and came accross this. My hatchet in the pic is about 5 ft off the ground. A buck really went to town on this vine maple, there was a whole row of rubs. I was working here at the end of Nov. 2011 too and likely saw this same buck. didn't get a look at what he had up top, but had a HUGE body, biggest i've seen yet. he was running away with his does in some steep ground. a silly spiker chasing after them too, lol (spiker walked right up to us later that day).

This area is now logged, but I believe the real action takes place above these cut blocks, its mountain goat winter range up there. Hope to get up there for rememberance day long weekend. Only problem is it is very remote and last November there was 18" of snow. Thinking about purchasing a cross-country ski set up to get in.

Hopefully have something to contribute to this thread this year.

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Sweet...! THATS my favorite clue to Mr.BIG- huuuge tracks. They can hide all their lioves but they cant hide their tracks ! Thats the clue wich lead me to my two biggest bucks , their feet ! There was none like em ever seen by me!
    Good luck Trekker !
    big tracks and big rubs! i love finding big fresh rubs on top of a fresh snowfall! i'm talking mule deer but i hunt in a lot of places similar to where you hunt! steep thick and big deer!

With all the snow up top going to explore some new areas this weekend.

Come mid November I'll be in this area:

I'm interested in the 4pt plus brow. Shed is two yrs old

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

A little better perspective on the 4pt and brow

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

What elevation are you at there provider? Just curios.

1200-2400'.... 4pt with the chewed off main beam was one of the lowest but in really ugly steep thick terrain. If I can find a way to cross a certain washout I'll be able to get into some real good old growth right up to 4000'. Been wanting to get up into it for awhile now. Its a challenging 3.5hr hike to the wash out. But I'm positive that the area past the washout is holding some cranker bucks that have never seen people before

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."