Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2012

Re: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2012

When you tag out early this year proguide, you can give me the heads up on the GPS coordinates to your honey hole and I will try not to disappoint you. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hoof View Post
    Proguide66 I know you have your cams out in the bush have you had a chance to check them yet?? Hope you will be posting your pics of your new targets for this year!
    I checked a trail a few days ago and a BIG footed bugger went right for it but 'dog legged' right and missed the damned thing. Few cut branches and a second cam will have his ass on film in a couple days.
    Majority of my cams are in tough to get to spots and I wont go there until I'm 'sure' the big buggers are in there.I want to make my visits less as possible for obvious reasons.So 'while' I am hunting 'the spot' I can stop and do a quick check of the cam to see if 'HE' is in there...shit its FUN !

PG66

You are a CRAZY sob, but then again I can appreciate and respect that quality.

how old you thinkthis rub is
    If you ever want to get more precise, take your knife and scrap off a bit of bark beside the rub and compare the colours you see. It'll give you a better idea of how smoking fresh a rub is. You can also smell it and see if it still has a fresh "tree been mashed" up smell.

got this responce from a doe on nov 8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8-s...ature=youtu.be

Heres a couple of sheds I found yesterday in my new spot. Its on the other side of "the line" but close to it. Ruishing out the door yesterday I forgot my hunting boots, decided not to make an excuse of it, and "scrambled" my way up into the bluffs. keep finding sheds. These are the best two. I knew there were some good deer around, now i have proof.

Juicey bucks Ty ! hope you get one of em !

I had a buck make a rub on my '#1' cam...with his f ing ass in the shot and front end out of the lens...damnit !.

Another BIG buck at a different spot I have been 'kinda working' fo 3 years decided to do his expected 'foot showing ' in between cam placements.Bin trying to get his photo for a while now to decide weather to put full persuit er not...his feeet are rediculous. Had to pull a cam from his spot due to SD failure..and no replacement in my pocket..3 days later BIGFOOT drops his dew claws all over the damned place where the cam was...aaarrrrgh.
    All hell is about to break loose in buck world here very shortly...like maybe 3 days !

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Juicey bucks Ty ! hope you get one of em !

I had a buck make a rub on my '#1' cam...with his f ing ass in the shot and front end out of the lens...damnit !.

Another BIG buck at a different spot I have been 'kinda working' fo 3 years decided to do his expected 'foot showing ' in between cam placements.Bin trying to get his photo for a while now to decide weather to put full persuit er not...his feeet are rediculous. Had to pull a cam from his spot due to SD failure..and no replacement in my pocket..3 days later BIGFOOT drops his dew claws all over the damned place where the cam was...aaarrrrgh.
    All hell is about to break loose in buck world here very shortly...like maybe 3 days !
    Have you ever tried putting any doe scent in front of the cams PG? A drip system or just a spill on the ground. Seems like a good way to get the bucks to stick around in front of the cams for a bit. Thinking of trying in near the Loops for WT. I'm tagged out but just to see whats around.

These blacktails are driving me nuts! I hunt on the island and have always thought the bluffs and remnant mature forest is where the bucks hang out. This has been confirmed by multiple encounters but as yet an inability to connect on a decent blacktail.To add insult to injury, it seems every time I muscle up and venture into the gnarly stuff, I come home empty handed and see gorgeous bucks when I get back to town! Tonight for example.....AAAARGH!!!! I think I've caught the blacktail addiction. Now I need to refine the technique! This thread inspires me.

Anchored a nice black-tail this morning with ruger#1 .Just after first light ,foggy raining.2-8 one of ruger#1 and mine best spots