Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2012

Re: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2012

I'd REALLY like one Island buck in my lifetime that nets 115''. BUT if I never got to shot another BT I couldn't complain. I've been totally hooked on these little buggers for 40 years or more and have a ton of wicked memories.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Here's my best BT from a few years ago

Next week the blacktail hunting is going to get a whole lot more serious
    BIG GAME HUNTER

Thats one helluva cool buck!
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Obsessed V.I. Blacktail hunter, there I admitted it. Those grey ghosts are so hard to outsmart, terrain/vegetation and weather all contribute to the complex puzzle.Seen a hand full of true monsters in my 30 plus years of torture.
    only put a bullet in one

Explain to me again Scott why you have this hidden in your basement and next to a Montreal jersey...tsk ...tsk....tsk
    JUST CALL ME STITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bills View Post
    Explain to me again Scott why you have this hidden in your basement and next to a Montreal jersey...tsk ...tsk....tsk
    C'mon Stitch cut me some slack it's KEN DRYDEN!!!!
    Courage is being scared to death
    But saddling up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    C'mon Stitch cut me some slack it's KEN DRYDEN!!!!
    Ha ha that was my first thought. Why is that buck in the basement and oh! ........Well at least it's Dryden.

The dream buck will have;the big roman nose, no neck and mass that carries from the bases right out to the tips.
    If he fits this profile I could care less how many points he has. Always looking for the perfect 5 as well.

how old you thinkthis rub is

This yr rub for for sure !

Funny , thinking about what a 'trophy' is to some , here's a story.

Handfull of yrs ago I was on a few big buggers.One was my second yr on him and still didnt know 'what' he was.Well I tagged out on two awesome bucks with one going over 140".I couldnt help myself and still went looking for that huge footed bugger to see what the hell he was.
    I tracked him one evening and he was 'just' ahead of me.I was running out of light and saw 3 mature does up ahead.KNOWING he would be there for sure in the am I called a neighber and gave him (what I thought) A MAJOR gift.
    I gave him my big rattling horns , told him where to park , where to hike to in the drk and where to rattle.Off he went.I called later in the day and he was home.This is what he said,

" well , I went , did what you said and HERE HE COMES !. Grunting his face off , ripping into willow a mere 50 yrds from me.He was the widest,tallest , heaviest buck I had ever seen" , ( born and raised in Pemberton). Me - " well did you shoot the *******????"...he throws his hands up and says , " nope , his score would be worth shit"......imagine the look on my face.......He went on to say he was a huge 3 up top one side , 2 on the other with brows..I repo'd my rattle horns , went home and vomited....haha...aaarrrgh......( and he never shot a deer that yr..or actually anything for a bunch of years).

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    This yr rub for for sure !

Funny , thinking about what a 'trophy' is to some , here's a story.

Handfull of yrs ago I was on a few big buggers.One was my second yr on him and still didnt know 'what' he was.Well I tagged out on two awesome bucks with one going over 140".I couldnt help myself and still went looking for that huge footed bugger to see what the hell he was.
    I tracked him one evening and he was 'just' ahead of me.I was running out of light and saw 3 mature does up ahead.KNOWING he would be there for sure in the am I called a neighber and gave him (what I thought) A MAJOR gift.
    I gave him my big rattling horns , told him where to park , where to hike to in the drk and where to rattle.Off he went.I called later in the day and he was home.This is what he said,

" well , I went , did what you said and HERE HE COMES !. Grunting his face off , ripping into willow a mere 50 yrds from me.He was the widest,tallest , heaviest buck I had ever seen" , ( born and raised in Pemberton). Me - " well did you shoot the *******????"...he throws his hands up and says , " nope , his score would be worth shit"......imagine the look on my face.......He went on to say he was a huge 3 up top one side , 2 on the other with brows..I repo'd my rattle horns , went home and vomited....haha...aaarrrgh......( and he never shot a deer that yr..or actually anything for a bunch of years).
    he didnt have the experience with the deer you had, or thats all i can think of. at least you still had a chance for him. i wish someone would give me that gift, i would of hammered him!

Proguide66 I know you have your cams out in the bush have you had a chance to check them yet?? Hope you will be posting your pics of your new targets for this year!