Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost rifle

Lost rifle

Not sure what section to put this in so will start here. While checking the trap line on Sun. Feb 17 my 22-250 rifle & scope (in a hard shell case) fell out of the skimmer being pulled by snowmobile, in the area of Gregg Creek fsr km 12- km 24 & side roads. I never noticed it until getting back to truck( km 7)we back tracked every inch 3 times but could not find it. There was only 1 other pickup that far up not sure if they found it or not. If found pls. call 250-962-5484 REWARD offered. (west of Prince george 20 km)
    Last edited by kendoo; 02-20-2013 at 07:43 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lost rifle

I wish you good luck getting it back. Hopefully who ever found it is a member here and will get it back to you.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

I bet a hard case could slide a long way off the trail down and hill and under dale, bet its still out there. Bummer.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I bet a hard case could slide a long way off the trail down and hill and under dale, bet its still out there. Bummer.
    Ya no kidding, would slide really good on the trail, then torpedo under the soft stuff.

If you haven't already, report it the RCMP. Yeah it's embarrassing but I think you are legally required to report a lost or stolen firearm. As well, if anyone finds it and wants to return ti, the RCMp is where they will go.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Yeah reported to rcmp & CO's on monday. We specifically checked every mark in the snow thinking the same, only went up two small hills and walked them both
    , there was fresh snow on fri nite so every blemish shows up. Will look more when snow starts to melt. Thanks for the hints & help.

Any news on this yet?

Good Luck. When I lost my bow the next guy in the road found it but never did get it back. Hope it is a good guy that finds it.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Ill keep an eye out for it too. This is my stompin grounds! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Thanks moosin, yeah no word yet patman