Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More guide areas opening up?

Re: More guide areas opening up?

I dont understand how you think you are getting shafted here. Can you please explain to me your reasoning for this.

Quote Originally Posted by CNE
    I dont understand how you think you are getting shafted here. Can you please explain to me your reasoning for this.
    We are getting shafted because now the G/O can apply to have edge to edge territorys. Thus enabling them to hunt the hell out of every inch of land and having no "free" zones where only the resident may hunt. That my friend is how we are getting the shaft.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

You know boys we have to keep this going ! I'm afraid we'll forget.

It rips my shorts real bad that pioneers and the working man get it up the &$% every time !!!

While we're out working our rearends off these pussy arsses are thinking of ways to control everything.

so could someone explain something to me as i am not super knowledgable about this kinda thing are you saying that an area givin to a guide even if there is public access is off limits to hunting for the common folk then????DO THEY RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO THAT AREA

so could someone explain something to me as i am not super knowledgable about this kinda thing are you saying that an area givin to a guide even if there is public access is off limits to hunting for the common folk then????DO THEY RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO THAT AREA
    NO - Some G/O's might like to think this but the answer is NO they cannot prevent you from access or hunting. It's crown land that they are in fact leasing for the purpose of operating a G/O territory.

Happy Hunting!
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by curt
    Its just the the areas that they are now going to be able to expand into were put there by the gov. to protect the area for resident hunters only to hunt, no commercial pressure, and now with this in place they can request to expand their areas into these area traditionally reserved for resident hunters only.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

youngfellla Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic
    We are getting shafted because now the G/O can apply to have edge to edge territorys. Thus enabling them to hunt the hell out of every inch of land and having no "free" zones where only the resident may hunt. That my friend is how we are getting the shaft.
    I don't see it as the resident hunter getting the shaft. We can hunt on any piece crown land in the province, even if it is a guide territory. Like Carl said, the outfitter does not own the land, and can't stop us from using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutenay
    Don't mistake, these now largely foreign-owned businesses want to and WILL control OUR hunting, if we sit back and allow it.
    Agreed. It's pretty sad when you see how many Guide Territories in B.C. are foreign owned. And even of the territories that are owned (on paper) by local BC boys, many of those have financial backing from a foreign investor. I know for a fact of a rich American fellow (who happens to be a hunter) who has his fingers in 3 different guide territories in BC, and as such can pick and choose the dates and species he wants to hunt in BC.

In the 1980's my uncle and two of his friends tired to buy a territory that was up for sale. Between the three of them they could have came up with the 1.2 million $ to buy it, but basically ran into a wall. In short, the government 'wouldn't let' them buy it, and it was sold to a group of German investors.

Quote Originally Posted by youngfellla
    I don't see it as the resident hunter getting the shaft. We can hunt on any piece crown land in the province, even if it is a guide territory. Like Carl said, the outfitter does not own the land, and can't stop us from using it.

Agreed. It's pretty sad when you see how many Guide Territories in B.C. are foreign owned. And even of the territories that are owned (on paper) by local BC boys, many of those have financial backing from a foreign investor. I know for a fact of a rich American fellow (who happens to be a hunter) who has his fingers in 3 different guide territories in BC, and as such can pick and choose the dates and species he wants to hunt in BC.

In the 1980's my uncle and two of his friends tired to buy a territory that was up for sale. Between the three of them they could have came up with the 1.2 million $ to buy it, but basically ran into a wall. In short, the government 'wouldn't let' them buy it, and it was sold to a group of German investors.
    I am by no way saying they will stop us from hunting there. They have other ways to do that ie getting it closed(road closure). I am saying they will be able to hunt every inch of crown lands, now not all G/O manage their territory for longevity, most just hunt the hell out of an area and decimate the populations. I just dont see why they should need to expand their area to sell their hunts, they are given an area, and they should manage this area correctly IMHO.

Don't mean to hijack my own thread, but here's an example;

I went hunting by my bicycle in Region 8 in October in a motor vehicle closed area.

I rode 10 km up the road and saw nobody else except my partner Turbo Al, whom I could barely keep up with.

The next day I rode up again in the snow without Al who had to leave, and 10 km up the road I encountered a bunch of horses and mules at a horse corral, tire tracks and another km along, a camper, a pickup with a horse trailer, a stock truck and about 7 guys loading horses into the trucks and trailers.

I thought this was a MV closed area. But not for them apparently.

Being somewhat outnumbered, I didn't challenge them, but it appeared to me that it was the local guide and his buddies. Not a dude in sight.

They were friendly enough and even complimentary to me that Ihad the guts to cycle. "I tell other guys they should do it," one guy said.

But WTF?

I like MV closed areas, but what makes them more privileged citizens than us?

Why don't they all have to walk, cycle or come in on horseback like the rest of us?

Or to dGeorge Orwell: are some pigs more equal than others ?
    Last edited by MichelD; 12-01-2006 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD
    Don't mean to hijack my own thread, but here's an example;

I went hunting by my bicycle in Region 8 in October in a motor vehicle closed area.

I rode 10 km up the road and saw nobody else except my partner Turbo Al, whom I could barely keep up with.

The next day I rode up again in the snow without Al who had to leave, and 10 km up the road I encountered a bunch of horses and mules at a horse corral, tire tracks and another km along, a camper, a pickup with a horse trailer, a stock truck and about 7 guys loading horses into the trucks and trailers.

I thought this was a MV closed area. But not for them apparently.

Being somewhat outnumbered, I didn't challenge them, but it appeared to me that it was the local guide and his buddies. Not a dude in sight.

They were friendly enough and even complimentary to me that Ihad the guts to cycle. "I tell other guys they should do it," one guy said.

But WTF?

I like MV closed areas, but what makes them more privileged citizens than us?

Why don't they all have to walk, cycle or come in on horseback like the rest of us?

Or to bowlerize George Orwell: are some pigs more equal than others ?
    Report ALL Poachers and Polluters (that includes Guide Outfitters!):

1-877-952-7277