Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mule with a whitetail rack?

Mule with a whitetail rack?

I came across a mule buck with a whitetail rack. The deer had a mule rump. What would happen if I shot it?

Thanks!
    -RM

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mule with a whitetail rack?

Its a hybrid. You can tail either muley or whitey.

Good question, the other day came across a what my brother and I think is a hybrid rack (shed) will post picture tomorrow. The antler is very tall with no brow time, however no fork like a mule deer but straight tines like a whitetail could just be a whitetail but cool to think about,

Same question if is a hybrid what tag do you cut whitetail? Mule? Choice?

Never use the antlers to try and figure out what type of deer it is. What does the rest of the deer look like (rump, tail, face etc.) Base your tag cutting on those only and you will never get in trouble for cutting the wrong tag.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Never use the antlers to try and figure out what type of deer it is. What does the rest of the deer look like (rump, tail, face etc.) Base your tag cutting on those only and you will never get in trouble for cutting the wrong tag.

BHB
    Give the man a gold star LOL A few years back I too saw a hybrid deer. As I was unsure I let it walk, but once home I contacted Victoria to get clarity. Besides the "if in doubt don't shoot" mantra, the person replying to my question clearly stated, "cut the tag based on it's tail" Hence the tags are sold as just that. "White TAIL" and "Black TAIL"
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

and if you are still in doubt you do not need to keep the antlers attached to the deer when transporting just identification of sex.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

I would think you would have to cancel two tags. Whitetail and Mule deer.

A 3 point Mulie can look very much like a whitetail rack, complete with long brow tines.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Probably just a mule deer with antlers that looked somewhat like a whitetail.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

probably a whitetail/blacktail hybrid oh wait a sec that is what a mule deer is...
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...