Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first and second bands

My first and second bands

Having a good season so far. I managed to connect with my first goose after three seasons of trying but the really icing on the cake is the two banded ducks I shot. The first was a malard on the 14th and the second one, a pintail, was tonight! Hope everyone else is enjoying this season!
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My first and second bands

Good job on the ducks!! Banded birds are migrators so now it begins in earnest!---Cheers---Field Marshal.

Deffinately a sign of good things to come
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Congrats on your bands , hang on to them !!
    I still have my lanyard of calls decorated with many bands from growing up and hunting in Ladner................what a great spot Ladner was back in the 80's

Sounds like a great taste of things to come...And details on the bands? Locals or any far of lands?
    Member of:
    BC Wildlife Federation
    Delta Waterfowl
    Ducks Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by keoke View Post
    Having a good season so far. I managed to connect with my first goose after three seasons of trying but the really icing on the cake is the two banded ducks I shot. The first was a malard on the 14th and the second one, a pintail, was tonight! Hope everyone else is enjoying this season!
    I HATE YOU!!!
    I havent got any bling in forever GRRR

Seriously congrats great way to start the year off, X 2 on wanting to hear the band info.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

The mallard was from mosses lake Washington and the pintail flew 2600km from huslia Alaska. I looked up huslia on google earth and it reminded me of a Picasso painting. Both were this years hatchlings.
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

Wow, The 'lard was headed in a strange direction, nice to see the northern birds are coming down already.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Wow and impressive flight for a bird of the year...

Your right it does look quite interesting on Google Maps, not much but water and marsh around that area.

Congrats!!!
    Member of:
    BC Wildlife Federation
    Delta Waterfowl
    Ducks Unlimited

The Mosses lake bird is interesting. The goose I shot last year was from Oregon and I thought it was rare for birds to travel north but I guess it's more common than I thought.
    Thanks for posting, after reading your post I had a feeling we would score a band today and we did (of course I always feel we will get one every time I go out! )

Quote Originally Posted by keoke View Post
    The mallard was from mosses lake Washington and the pintail flew 2600km from huslia Alaska. I looked up huslia on google earth and it reminded me of a Picasso painting. Both were this years hatchlings.
    Buddi doing what she does best!