Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too bad about the broken tines!

Talking Re: Too bad about the broken tines!

Nice buck,I`ve smuggled a few home into the trunk of the wifes Taurus,which she didn`t know untill now I guess.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Re: Too bad about the broken tines!

I too, in the younger days, hunted with cars. Had one in the trunk of a camaro, another in the back seat of a honda civic. That civic was a great hunting rig!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

I brought a big 3 pointer home in my sister's Celica...I couldn't fit it in my Honda as he was frozen solid since I had to drag him out the following morning! I think her car smelled for a month, he was a really ripe old buck in full rut. His antlers kept hitting the gear shift. The good old days when we could rut hunt mulies to Nov 30...when there were twice the number of hunters...the same number of deer as now...and deep snow every fall...somethin' ain't addin' up here Brian Harris!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude
    I brought a big 3 pointer home in my sister's Celica...I couldn't fit it in my Honda as he was frozen solid since I had to drag him out the following morning! I think her car smelled for a month, he was a really ripe old buck in full rut. His antlers kept hitting the gear shift. The good old days when we could rut hunt mulies to Nov 30...when there were twice the number of hunters...the same number of deer as now...and deep snow every fall...somethin' ain't addin' up here Brian Harris!
    With all the big $ you're making now you'd better get yourself a x-bow, F/D! (I'm sure Harris has one )

SSS

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve
    With all the big $ you're making now you'd better get yourself a x-bow, F/D! (I'm sure Harris has one )

SSS
    I'm seriously considering it (as I do most years after rifle closes). Hopefully I get the money from selling my place next week, so I might do a little shoppin'!

As for the big $ I make...it all seems to get spent before I have what I really want!

nice buck,and yes the mini vans work good when the pickups broke down,just ask my wife.
    Midnight toker