Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $1000 to spend on gear...whats important?

$1000 to spend on gear...whats important?

So first of all, I wanted to say that my wife is incredible. We've been trying to sell her wedding dress, and when we started advertising it, she said, and I kid you not "Whatever we get for it is yours to spend on gear". Score!

So anyways, I now have $1000.00 to spend on gear, and aside from an OK pair of boots and a knife, I have nothing. I found a good deal on a savage 111 package, which after taxes will leave me with roughly $550. so I have to spend on the necessities. What should I spend my money on?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: $1000 to spend on gear...whats important?

Highly depends on what kind of hunting you like to do.

optics without a doubt are the single most important item you need. especially when so many animals need clear identification before the hammer goes down.
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

bruin: I'm a new hunter so I'm going to start with blacktail, Mulie, and black bear as I can access all three species in under 2 hours.

boots need to be better than " good enough " in my mind. you should also buy the cheapo savage in the package without the cheapo scope and outfit it with a great scope , there is your thousand bucks spent , but the 2 most important things will be coverred , then you can slowly over the years accumulate the other gidgets and trinkets we all fall victim to buying.

Binoculars first.

Then spend $300 on a 6.5x55 from Tradex. Money spent.

be a good husban and spend some on the wife with out her knowing,, then your realy in for sure,, its only money she gave you,, shes testing you,,,,,,,,, a few bucks on here will be worth it in the long run of things,,,,,, good luck,,,,,

Get something you can enjoy together,,,your marriage is worth it....marriages are like trucks,,,a good one will take you anywhere and last a long time,,,,a bad one,,,well you cant wait to trade up

Quote Originally Posted by Allen50 View Post
    be a good husban and spend some on the wife with out her knowing,, then your realy in for sure,, its only money she gave you,, shes testing you,,,,,,,,, a few bucks on here will be worth it in the long run of things,,,,,, good luck,,,,,

Allen is a SMART man! A hapy wife is a happy life! Gotta sign off the War Department wants the computer NOW! LOL
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Binos binos binos!
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...